Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (34)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teasers this week:

"Her attacker gave a surprised cry as she dislodged him and he stumbled backward, trying to keep his balance as he stepped over a fallen branch. Now it was Xan's turn to watch her with astonishment. He wasn't the only one who had hidden abilities and it made Donna feel good that she could take care of herself. It wasn't often she was thankful for being different but now was one of those times."


The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
p.100 (ARC)

Freak. That's what her classmates call seventeen-year-old Donna Underwood. When she was seven, a horrific fey attack killed her father and drove her mother mad. Donna's own nearly fatal injuries from the assault were fixed by magic—the iron tattoos branding her hands and arms. The child of alchemists, Donna feels cursed by the magical heritage that destroyed her parents and any chance she had for a normal life. The only thing that keeps her sane and grounded is her relationship with her best friend, Navin Sharma. When the darkest outcasts of Faerie—the vicious wood elves—abduct Navin, Donna finally has to accept her role in the centuries old war between the humans and the fey. Assisted by Xan, a gorgeous half-fey dropout with secrets of his own, Donna races to save her friend—even if it means betraying everything her parents and the alchemist community fought to the death to protect.

So far I think this book is very entertaining and an interesting take on faeries. Donna is a funny and strong heroine with a great sidekick in Navin. He is such a fantastic friend. Xan is also a good love interest and he reminds me a bit of Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instruments series. It is hard to put this book down at the moment. I hope it will not disappoint in the end.



13 comments:

  1. Wow! Intense teaser. I've been looking forward to this book; I hope you are enjoying it. I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my hands on this! Thank you :)


    Here is mine!

    Hugs,

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! This book is high on my wishlist. I have two teasers this week. My YA teaser is from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton and my adult teaser is from Love Me to Death by Allison Brennan. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to reading this one!
    Here's mine:
    http://whereismymind-joyous.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fantastic! I put it on my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-relationship-obits.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this book, can't wait to get it in fact. Thanks for the teaser.

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. great teaser! Looking forward to the review for this book! Here's my teaser: http://southernfiberreads.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/teaser-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the teaser! I am definitely looking forward to reading this! I pre-ordered it YAY!

    Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice teaser choice! Love the intesity behind it. Reminds me that there are times in my life that I'm glad I feel different too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this! Looks like an amazing read! Awesome teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Poor gal. This is a great teaser.

    Here is my super dooper late TT

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!