Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (33)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teasers this week:

"'Chen Yong doesn't know, ' she whispered. 'Please don't tell him.'
'Your secret is safe with me.' He handed the exquisite weapon back, offering it by the hilt. 'But it is only one that will fester.'"


Fury of the Phoenix by Cindy Pon
p. 92 (ARC)

Ai Ling has been marked by the Immortals, and her power is extraordinary-and as yet untamed. When Chen Yong, the young warrior she met on the road to the Emperor's city, decides to journey overseas to search for his birth father, Ai Ling-following her heart-daringly joins him in his quest. Fluid, exhilarating writing; a strong female lead; and a starcrossed romance make this a deeply satisfying conclusion to Silver Phoenix.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds very exciting and I cannot wait to read it. Great teaser too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read :) You can find my FEVERED teaser at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this sounds like an exciting read. Love the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-high-spirits-tale-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. um what secret does she have, its got me wondering.

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Teaser Tuesday!
    My teaser is here
    Please check out and comment on my interview with a wonderful nonprofit 'Mom to Madre' that helps spread literacy to families and helps mothers adjust to differences in their lives when going from one language to another! Thank you!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, great teaser! I enjoyed the first book, and I'm looking forward to reading this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo sounds like a warning.

    Great teaser.

    Here is my super late Teaser Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!