Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (47)


It's Monday What Are You Reading? is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. I always enjoy seeing what other people have read and reviewed over the past week. It is also a great way to find new books to add to that ever-growing TBR list!

Books finished:

Blameless by Gail Carriger

Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie

Books reviewed:

Entice by Carrie Jones

Currently reading:

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

I haven't read very much of this one because I've had to read some ARCs for ARC tours and keep up with library books. My goal is to finish it by the end of the month.

Fury of the Phoenix by Cindy Pon

Silver Phoenix was one of my favorite fantasy books that I read last year. I am sure this one will be just as fantastic although I'm really disappointed with the decision of the publishers to homogenize the covers. The original Silver Phoenix cover was beautiful and depicted a strong Asian heroine. The new versions make the character appear white and look like any other YA paranormal cover.

What I might read next:

Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier

I actually started reading this but then received Fury of the Phoenix which I am reading for an ARC tour. I will definitely be reading this next though because it is a library book. I love Juliet Marillier's writing so it was hard to put this aside and I can't wait to get back to it.

The Dowry Bride by Shobhan Bantwal

I am going to read this for the POC Reading Challenge and South Asian Author Challenge. I've never read Shobhan Bantwal's books but this one has a compelling storyline and I love the cover!

Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff

I am hoping to get to this book before it is due back at the library. It received such great reviews and I've always found Cleopatra to be a fascinating historical figure.

What does your reading week look like?

12 comments:

  1. Nice! Your reading week seems more productive than me. I'm currently about to finish Laney by Joann I. Martin Sowles and then I'll start Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. After that, I'll go with the flow and choose one of the other 40 something books in my pile haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow you have several on your list here that I would love to read as well! The Dowry Bride and Cleopatra to name two...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dowry Bride is on my TBR for this year! I love love love the cover and the story line seems really intriguing. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came close to buying Cleopatra this week, but pulled myself away from it ;) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great titles, I look forward to your review of Cleopatra, I usually enjoy novels about this historical figure. Totally agree with you about Juliet Marillier's writing, although I'm not up to date with this series yet. Off to check out your review of Entice.

    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great list. Thanks for posting the cover. So no need to use google.

    I fall for Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie. Should take time to find and read the review

    happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently listening to Soulless and am totally enthralled with Carringer's writing. I am sure I will be grabbing her other books soon. I have Fury of the Phoenix on my TBR shelf and hope to get to it soon too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Soulless! I have Blameless by Gail Carriger on my tbr shelf. I need to read it SOON. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Reading!!! The covers are amazing!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Cleopatra cover, very pretty! Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read North & South, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I haven't read anything by Elizabeth Gaskell before. I saw the movie adaptation of Wives & Daughters. I love it and I'm sure I'd love the book even more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard great things about the Gail Carriger books. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!