Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Anne McCaffrey Reading Challenge


I've been wanting to read Anne McCaffrey for years now. People keep telling me how fantastic the Harper Hall and Dragonriders of Pern series are. So when I found out that Caroline at Portrait of a Woman is hosting an Anne McCaffrey Reading Challenge I decided to sign up!

My goal for this challenge is to read the three books that comprise the Harper Hall Trilogy (Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, Dragondrums) and then if I decide I want to keep reading more of McCaffrey's work I will go on to the Dragonriders of Pern Trilogy (Dragonflight, Dragonquest, The White Dragon). I plan to read Dragonsong during the first quarter and then read Dragonsinger and Dragondrums in the second quarter.

If you are a fan of McCaffrey's books or think this sounds like the challenge for you, head to Portrait of a Woman to sign up.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with this challenge. I'm going to look it up, because it looks very interesting. I never heard of this author before and I like getting to know *new* ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE McCaffrey, so I hope you enjoy her work! I discovered her in 8th grade (I read The White Dragon first, then went back and read the rest) and I was obsessed for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for signing up :D
    I am sure you will love the Harper Hall series!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina!
    I have now added the first quarter link up (link on the right column on the blog)!
    And enjoy all your challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!