Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (50)



It's Monday What Are You Reading? is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. I always enjoy seeing what other people have read and reviewed over the past week. It is also a great way to find new books to add to that ever-growing TBR list!


Books finished:

The Dowry Bride by Shobhan Bantwal

Such a disappointing book! I will be posting my review next week.


The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

I have to admit that I liked this one more than the first, which doesn't always happen with the second book in a series. I can't wait to read the next book!

Books reviewed:

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney

Currently reading:

Across the Universe by Beth Revis


North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

I did make some progress with North and South this week and I am hopeful that I will be able to finish it soon (at least by the end of February!)

What I plan to read next:

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

I've actually already started this but I had to put it aside to read books for review.


Pemberley Ranch by Jack Caldwell

I am in the mood for historical fiction. Hard to believe that I didn't any all month! Hopefully that will change in February. I will be getting The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig this week from the library and Michelle Moran's new book Madame Tussaud will be published.

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan


What does your reading week look like?




12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous list. The Dowry Bride is on my list. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say how great I thought The Dowry Bride looks.... then I seen your comment below the pic. I am interested in your thoughts on it.

    I am going to read all the Iron books in March... at least that's my plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of your reads are on my tbr pile. Can't wait to read Dash & Lily, The Dark Divine, The Lost Saint & Across the Universe but I have some ARC's taking priority :)

    PS Release date for Exit the Actress is Feb 1st, I'm starting it this week but have heard it's getting awesome reviews.

    Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked ATU, I hope you do too. I want to read the Dark Divine series at some point :) Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a great selection here. I've been looking forward to The Lost Saint very much! I'm happy to hear that you liked it. I also want to read The Iron Queen, and I loved Across the Universe. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your review on Iron Witch and am pumped to read this myself. I notice you have Dash and Lily's Book of Dare. I loved that book and hope you enjoy it too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm reading a lot of reviews about Across the Universe, i think i'm gonna get it on my next book shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of books! Hope you enjoy them all...Across the Universe is one I'm curious about.

    Here's my MAILBOX/READING

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that you find The Dowry Bride dissapointing. I haven't heard much about it, but the cover is nice. ;)

    The Lost Saint better than the first? No way. I need to get it. I loved the Dark Divine. OMG!

    I haven't read North and South, but I do own the movie with of course hottie Richard Armitage! Love it. :)

    Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some great books coming up. I've heard awesome things about The Lost Saint and that series.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh - The Dowry Bride looks good! Very good list coming up. Here's mine: http://www.southernfiberreads.com/2011/01/mailbox-monday-and-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought the first book in Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series and can't wait to start reading it. I am also anxiously waiting to get my hands on the Madame Tussaud book.

    My It's Monday post can be found here.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!