Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying to Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new subject each week and this week's topic is "Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying to Read".




My list (in order by publication date):


*The links will take you to the book descriptions on Goodreads but if you haven't read the prior book, beware of spoilers there*



The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (October 4, 2011)


This is the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series, which is a spin-off of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. This series has the same humor, adventure, and some of the same characters. Percy is in The Son of Neptune and I can't wait to find out what kind of trouble he gets into this time.






Crossed by Ally Condie (November 1, 2011)


Crossed is the sequel to Matched, a dystopian romance with a love triangle (which I am not fond of) and interesting world building.  Matched ended with a cliffhanger so I am eager to see what happens next for Cassia, Ky, and Xander.






Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (December 6, 2011)


I wasn't sure if I would like Clockwork Angel though I loved the Mortal Instruments series but I was glad to realize that the Infernal Devices prequel series is just as good plus it is set in Victorian England. I am excited about Clockwork Prince as I think we will find out more of Jem's secrets...






A Million Suns by Beth Revis (January 10, 2012)


Across the Universe was a great science fiction/dystopian debut novel set on a giant spaceship with cryogenically frozen passengers. This time, it looks like there is trouble with the Godspeed. 






Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (March 6, 2012)


Delirium is an amazing dystopian romance with a surprising ending. Now we'll see how Lena is dealing with all the changes in her life...






Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter (March 20, 2012)


I have been waiting a long time for this one as the Gallagher Girls is one of my favorite YA series. Super-Spy-in-Training Cammie is in real hot water as she has amnesia but she's a smart and creative girl so I'm sure she'll find her way out of this sticky situation!


City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (May 8, 2012)


The Mortal Instruments series is probably my favorite YA paranormal series and with the way City of Fallen Angels ended with a big shocker about one of the characters, I can't wait to read City of Lost Souls to see how it turns out.


Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Spring 2012)


There isn't much information (or even a cover) available for this sequel to Divergent but as Divergent is currently my favorite book of 2011, I'm sure I will love Insurgent and can't wait to read it.






The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (June 19, 2012)


I just read and enjoyed Bloodlines and while it didn't have a cliffhanger it did end with this enticing sentence: "...I knew the uneasy peace we'd just established in Palm Springs was about to shatter. Dimitri Belikov had arrived." Excited? I know I am! June is too long to wait for The Golden Lily


Crown of Embers by Rae Carson (Fall 2012)


The Girl of Fire and Thorns is my second favorite book of 2011 and while there is nothing known about Crown of Embers, I am eager to read more about Elisa and her world.


Honorable Mention:


Hallowed by Cynthia Hand (sequel to Unearthly) (January 24, 2012)
Fever by Lauren DeStefano (Chemical Garden series #2) (February 21, 2012)
Timeless by Gail Carriger (Parasol Protectorate series #5) (February 28, 2012)
Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins (Hex Hall series #3) (March 13, 2012)
The Savage Grace by Bree Despain (Dark Divine series #3) (March 13, 2012)


Did any of these make your list? 

11 comments:

  1. i have pandemonium on my list too. sooo excited to read it! and i've been seeing riordan's books a lot this week. might have to check that series out.

    i hope you can stop by and check out my top ten list this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. most of these i haven't even read the other books in the series yet! enjoy the sequels!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have quite a few books in common! And I didn't realize that The Savage Grace was coming out this year. I'll have to remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!! I'm dying for CP and Pandemonium!!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely looking forward to Crossed! I enjoyed the subtleties of the world-building and am interested in seeing more of Cassia's story unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I really can't wait for the Cassie Clare books! And definitely The Golden Lily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I am so excited for all of these. I haven't gotten around to reading the next book in the Mortal Instruments series and I really need to do that b/c I LOVE that series too. Maybe I'll wait closer to May so I can read both books back to back! I am also excited for Crossed and Clockwork Prince. The end of 2011 and most of 2012 is looking like it's going to be an great year for books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying to read Pandemonium too, I loved Delirium :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!