Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (80)





It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.


I did not participate in last Monday's post so this is two weeks worth of reading though it feels like it is less than what I usually read. I have been busy with other things lately like the class I am taking (still need to do my weekly assignments and readings before Tuesday!) and my book discussion group (our first book discussion is Tuesday!). I also finally got to enter Pottermore so of course I spent several hours on that too (my username is DragonRune85 and I am in Ravenclaw). Maybe I'll do some more reading this week and get caught up on that huge TBR pile-but I doubt it ;)


Don't forget: This is the last week to enter my giveaway for The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson




Books read:

Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter


This was a fun followup to Heist Society and introduced some interesting new characters. Plus there are some new developments between Kat and a certain someone...



Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto


Before Ever After is the story of a young widow who finds out her husband might actually be alive and that he may also be immortal. The book is an interesting mix of history and romance. I loved the little details and the stories Max tells. You will also never be able to look at baked eggs in the same way after reading this book.  I am not a fan of eggs but if Max made them, I'd definitely give them a try!




Original Sin: A Sally Sin Adventure by Beth McMullen


This is such a fun spy novel and I couldn't resist reading it right away. The main character is a former spy turned stay at home mom who gets called back to duty when her nemesis turns up again. I was reminded of the movie Killers with Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher when I read this (and a little bit of True Lies and Mr. and Mrs. Smith too). Can you tell that I liked this book?



Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok


This is a book I reread for my book discussion at the library later this week. I have to say that I enjoyed it just as much the second time around. It is also really good on audio.


Books reviewed:

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Trial By Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Overbiteby Meg Cabot
Stay by Allie Larkin

Currently reading:


Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel


I was so thrilled when I saw this on offer from Amazon Vine. I like that it is set in a futuristic world that models itself on the Victorian era and there are also zombies and a sort of zombie plague. I think it will be like a mix of The Forest of Hands and Teeth and maybe some steampunk. At least I hope so...




What I plan to read next:


Cleopatra's Moon by Vicky Alvear Shecter


I really need to read this soon since it is overdue at the library.  I am in the mood for historical fiction so I will definitely try to get this read this week. I really should be reading this first instead of Dearly, Departed but I just couldn't resist...



Crossed by Ally Condie


This is on its way to me as part of an ARC tour and I can't wait to read it. I loved Matched when I read it last year.




Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink


I started reading this but couldn't get into it for some reason. It is back on the list for this week but I am betting that I won't get to it till next week.



That's what my plans are for this week.
What have you been reading?

17 comments:

  1. Hi
    Visiting to see what you are reading this week. I really enjoyed Original Sin as well and I have Girl in Translation on my shelf but Haven't got to it yet.

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked uncommon criminals and the development with a certain someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pile of books here! I really want to get my hands on Dearly Departed, it sounds amazing. Hope you enjoy all your books this week. [: Happy Reading!

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate
    here is my it's monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I am curious about the eggs and the book Before Ever After ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of books. I hope you enjoy them. I had a great week of reading. I'm reading longer books now with my kids. Please come see what we're reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely have me intrigued about Before Ever After now! Didn't know much about it before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Uncommon Criminals, too. I hope Crossed is as good as Matched was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want to read Before Ever After just to find out about "eggs" lol. I've got Matched on Mt Tbr, hope Crossed is enjoyable!
    Have a great week, happy reading and good luck with your assignments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking books! Enjoy!

    I've had my eye on Original Sin for awhile...it looks like it might be a series. What fun!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo, so jealous that you got into Pottermore! I can't wait for it to open!

    I'm really looking forward to Before Ever After when I get the chance to read it, it sounds so interesting! Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time visiting. I am joining in It's Monday! What are you reading. I am a new follower.

    http://tammysbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm heading over to check out your review of Bloodlines ASAP. It's on my TBR shelf and I can't wait to read it. I'm excited about Matched as well and I can't wait to see what you think of Cleopatra's Moon. It's been on my radar but I didn't know anyone who had read it yet.

    Happy Reading!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have added Original Sin to me wish list, definitely sound like my kind of book!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got Raised by Wolves and I am excited to start reading it. Uncommon Criminals was a really great book too. Sounds like a lot of good reading!

    My list: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm curious about what you think of Crossed, and Cleopatra's Moon looks wonderful too!

    I just got Pottermore access and I'm in Ravenclaw too :D (HexWolfsbane42)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I plan on reading Crossed soon too. I also got a copy of Cleopatra's Moon for my classroom....hopefully I can read it soon...that is if the students don't snag it first! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crossed looks really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!