Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (63)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teasers:

"What would he do to me if he thought I was a danger to him?If I allowed one tiny flicker of fear to cross my face, he would see it. He would know that I suspected him and then-"


Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott
p.105

Synopsis from Goodreads:

"On my fourteenth birthday when the sakura was in full bloom, the men came to kill us. We saw them come, Aimi and me. We were excited, because we did not know how to be frightened. We had never seen soldiers before."

Suzume is a shadow-weaver. She can create mantles of darkness and light, walk unseen in the middle of the day, change her face. She can be anyone she wants to be. Except herself.

Suzume died officially the day the Prince's men accused her father of treason. Now even she is no longer sure of her true identity.  Is she the girl of noble birth living under the tyranny of her mother’s new husband, Lord Terayama? A lowly drudge scraping a living in the ashes of Terayama’s kitchens? Or Yue, the most beautiful courtesan in the Moonlit Lands?  Everyone knows Yue is destined to capture the heart of a prince. Only she knows that she is determined to use his power to destroy Terayama.

And nothing will stop her. Not even love.



This book is not yet available in the States (It will be published in late April 2012). I couldn't wait that long to read it so I am glad I was able to buy it from The Book Depository. I am really enjoying this fantasy retelling of Cinderella. It reminds me of Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon and Eon by Alison Goodman.

4 comments:

  1. Very good teaser. It leaves you wondering what will happen.

    My TT:
    http://bookhuntermm.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teaser and the back cover info! Can't wait for it to get to the US!

    House Millar - TT

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now that's a teaser. ;) It sounds like a great novel! I'm glad you're enjoying it. My teaser can be found here!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!