Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (19)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teasers this week:

"The words caught in my throat, the words I knew my aunt wanted me to speak. That the only way he could make things right was to move on, set his soul to rest. But the thought of losing him again, this time forever, smothered all the words. I started to cry."

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
p. 125

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last. Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone. Well, sort of. Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan’s violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost. It doesn't help that Aura’s new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit. As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart…and clues to the secret of the Shift.
I just finished this book this morning and I thought it was pretty good.

What is your teaser this week?

12 comments:

  1. Wow, intense teaser! I like it, though. Glad you liked the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an emotional teaser. great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser. This book is somewhere in my TBR stack. I plan to read it this summer. My teaser is from Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day, I will actually sit down and read this series...Cool teaser. I hope that your enjoying your book. Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! Very emotional! This is in my tbr pile and I'm looking forward to it!

    My TT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds from the summary like it might be a bit like Ghost!

    My teaser's at http://hampshireflyer.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/teaser-tuesday-18/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is one of my most anticipated reads and cannot wait until my copy finally makes it to me to read. The teaser is very intense and thanks for sharing. My Teaser today is :

    http://jacaburintexas.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesdays-june-22nd_22.html

    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser, I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser & I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have it on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!