Sunday, June 20, 2010

Body Image and Self Perception Month


Body Image and Self Perception Month (BISP) is an event hosted by Jo at Once Upon a Bookcase during the month of July. The focus is on the portrayal of issues like eating disorders, obesity/being overweight, disability, disfigurement, and low self-esteem in YA fiction. Participating bloggers will be reading and reviewing books, interviewing authors, or writing special posts on the topic.

I am participating in BISP Month by posting reviews and hopefully an interview with Jan Blazanin, the author of Fairest Of Them All. I will also be talking about the body image issues I struggled with as a teen and what I am currently struggling with as an adult.

I will be reviewing the following books:

Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Fairest Of Them All by Jan Blazanin

If I can, I also plan to read and review these books:

Pretty Face by Mary Hogan

Other bloggers participating in BISP month:

Chloe of The Book Bug
Luisa of Chicklish

Authors participating in BISP month:


If you would like to participate in BISP month, visit Once Upon a Bookcase for more details.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting about BI&SP Month, Christina! I'm really looking forward to your posts next month! :D

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!