Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (17)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week:

"I don't mention that I will be praying that I am somehow magically transported back in time, and I can somehow manage to change the course of history so that Bizza and Char do not, I repeat DO NOT, turn into overnight punks. Maybe I can convince them to join the chess club. Then no one could ever possibly think they're cooler than me."

Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern
p. 55

It’s Jessie’s sophomore year of high school. A self-professed “mathelete,” she isn’t sure where she belongs. Her two best friends have transformed themselves into punks and one of them is going after her longtime crush. Her beloved older brother will soon leave for college (and in the meantime has shaved his mohawk and started dating . . . the prom princess!) . . . Things are changing fast. Jessie needs new friends. And her quest is a hilarious tour through high-school clique-dom, with a surprising stop along the way—the Dungeons and Dragons crowd, who out-nerd everyone. Will hanging out with them make her a nerd, too? And could she really be crushing on a guy with too-short pants and too-white gym shoes? If you go into the wild nerd yonder, can you ever come back?

What is your book teaser this week?

13 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Interesting title for the book too :)

    HERE is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sound like the character has a interesting perspective on life and will be a fun red. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I love it. I've been wanting to read this one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great teaser! sounds like something i'd read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That book sounds really cute. I will have to check it out. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun read. Great Teaser! My Teaser for Captivate is here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had this one on my wish list for a while, too. Always sounds really good--will get to it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd have liked this when I was that age I think! :)

    My teaser's at http://hampshireflyer.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/teaser-tuesday-16/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! Stop by and check out my teaser at The Wormhole.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are enjoying this book as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Halpern's Get Well Soon. I'll definitely be reading this.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!