Friday, June 18, 2010

Huge TBR Readathon Update (2)


As of this afternoon (I finished three books today) I have read:
Not Quite Paradise by Adele Barker
Fairest Of Them All by Jan Blazanin
Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus
Changeless by Gail Carriger
Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson
Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

My favorite book that I've read so far is The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things. It is ironic that a book with such a funny title nearly reduced me to tears several times. I can see why it was a Printz Honor Book. It was just so moving (it did have some great humorous moments too!). Look for my reviews of this book and Crazy Beautiful in July as part of BISP (Body Image and Self Perception in YA Literature) Month. I also enjoyed Dead in the Family much more than I thought I would but Shadow Hills was definitely more suspenseful.

I am enjoying the Huge TBR Readathon but I feel dismay when I look at how behind I am in writing my reviews! I have at least fifteen that I need to write. I guess I know what I will be doing next week.

What's coming up next:

Insatiable by Meg Cabot
White Cat by Holly Black
Goddess Boot Camp by Tera Lynn Childs

I do need to read White Cat and Goddess Boot Camp next but I just got Insatiable by Meg Cabot and I am tempted to read that instead even though the other library books are due first. I started reading the first few chapters of Insatiable and it is really interesting so far.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've done a ton of reading in the past few days! If I wasn't working all weekend I would have loved to do the readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing way better than me! I have only read 3 books for the readathon so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read :( I've had a paper to finish. U have read some terrific books though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!