Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (73)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


This week, I'm waiting on:

Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
Publication date: January 31, 2012

Description from Goodreads:

When Charlotte Kinder treats herself to a two-week vacation at Austenland, she happily leaves behind her ex-husband and his delightful new wife, her ever-grateful children, and all the rest of her real life in America. She dons a bonnet and stays at a country manor house that provides an immersive Austen experience, complete with gentleman actors who cater to the guests' Austen fantasies. 

Everyone at Pembrook Park is playing a role, but increasingly, Charlotte isn't sure where roles end and reality begins. And as the parlor games turn a little bit menacing, she finds she needs more than a good corset to keep herself safe. Is the brooding Mr. Mallery as sinister as he seems? What is Miss Gardenside's mysterious ailment? Was that an actual dead body in the secret attic room? And-perhaps of the most lasting importance-could the stirrings in Charlotte's heart be a sign of real-life love? 

The follow-up to reader favorite Austenland provides the same perfectly plotted pleasures, with a feisty new heroine, plenty of fresh and frightening twists, and the possibility of a romance that might just go beyond the proper bounds of Austen's world. How could it not turn out right in the end?

I am looking forward to this because I really enjoyed Austenland and any Jane Austen-related book is of interest to me so I want to read this companion novel.  Austenland is currently filming with Keri Russell starring as the main character, Jane Hayes.


The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
Publication date: November 21, 2011

Description from Goodreads:

It's 1996, and less than half of all American high school students have ever used the Internet.

Emma just got her first computer and an America Online CD-ROM.

Josh is her best friend. They power up and log on--and discover themselves on Facebook, fifteen years in the future.

Everybody wonders what their Destiny will be. Josh and Emma are about to find out.

I am very excited about this book, partly because I graduated from high school in '96. I think it sounds like a fun and creative book and I've read only positive reviews so far.


11 comments:

  1. Great picks! The Future of Us looks really interesting.

    Here's my WoW this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stay away from anything Austen. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only non-Austen fan. I hope you don't have to wait too long to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to the Future of Us as well. I loved his other novel 13 Reasons Why.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these both sound awesome...they're both an escape from daily and ordinary life, aren't they?

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you on netgalley? If so, Midnight in Austen is available as an ARC there. I just got it last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you on netgalley? If so, Midnight in Austen is available as an ARC. I got it last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to read both of these titles as I've enjoyed previous works by the authors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES and HECK YES on both of these for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices, Midnight In Austenland looks good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Austenland sitting here on my shelf; I've been meaning to read it. I had no clue that there's a sequel- thanks for the heads up! I really enjoyed The Future of Us and all of the 90s allusions! I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got Midnight at Austenland from Netgalley, it's just waiting on me to start it! I loved Austenland. :) The Future of Us is really good too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!