Friday, November 11, 2011

In My Mailbox (68)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to share what books you received for review, purchased, or checked out from the library during the past week.


For review:

The Agency: The Traitor in the Tunnel by Y.S. Lee


I was really excited to see this available for request from NetGalley. I love Y.S. Lee's Agency mysteries and look forward to reading The Traitor in the Tunnel.



Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu


Though I am not a fan of The Snow Queen, I have heard really good things about this retelling. 


The Traitor's Daughter by Paula Brandon


The cover of The Traitor's Daughter makes it look like a historical romance but it is fantasy. I don't know much about the book but hopefully I will like it. 



Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook


Purchased:


Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder


I finally read Poison Study and I really liked it so I went ahead and bought Magic Study. I am a fan of Snyder's Glass series which is a spin-off from this one. Unfortunately since I read that series first, I already know a lot of what will happen in the Study series.


StarCrossed by Elizabeth Bunce


From the library:


11/22/63 by Stephen King


This will be my first ever Stephen King book and it doesn't sound like what he usually writes. I like the time travel/historical aspect of it.


Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz


I am not sure I will read this one cover to cover. I am kind of tired of this series but I still want to know what happens :)


Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber


This sounds like a fun book though I think it has received mixed reviews. I don't get the chance to read many YA contemporary novels written with male protagonists.

12 comments:

  1. Great haul! I read Au Revoir a few months back, and I enjoyed it. It isn't anything that will change your life, but it's a quick, fun escape. I hope you enjoy it (and, ya know, all the others too)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking for the second book in the Agency series at the bookstore. Sadly, they didn't have it. I must get my hands on a copy b/c my students really enjoyed the first book too. It's such a great series! I also got 11/22/63. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! I probably won't get to start it for awhile though. Enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! I really want to read 11/22/63. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved starcrossed!! i have the sequel that i am hoping to get to really soon! i hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) You got some great books this week. Hope you enjoy! Breadcrumbs looks incredibly good :)

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some really good stuff this week. I hope you enjoy them all! The Agency looks really interesting.

    IMM at Book Brats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I really want to read Unraveling Isobel and YS Lee's books.
    Enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mailbox! The Agency sounds wonderful!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice haul this week! You've got some that are on my TBR list. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently won a copy of Breadcrumbs and I can't wait for it to get here! :D I was curious about this Stephen King book, too! I used to read him alot when I was in high school, this definitely looks like something different for him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great books there! I have the Study series by Maria V Snyder say waiting to be read on my bookshelves, I've read the Opal Cowan series and really enjoyed it. I also spotted a Melissa De La Cruz book - I've read about four books in the series, I keep blowing hot and cold with them, I haven't made up my mind whether I like it or not. I've also got The Traitor's wife waiting to be read - it sounds a good book.

    Happy reading!!

    Jenny - My IMM (V-log)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mailbox! I am super curious about the Blue Blood series. ;) I hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!