Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Books I Own But Haven't Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new subject each week and this week's topic is "Top Ten Books I Own But Haven't Read".






1. Eona by Alison Goodman


I've only had this book since April but considering the years I waited to read this sequel I am ashamed of myself for not picking it up yet!






2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen


I bought this at the same time that I bought Eona but I wanted to read it right away and then I just never did. I am afraid I won't get to it till next year.





3. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson


My sister gave me this book (and the sequels) last year for Christmas and I still haven't started it yet. I must be one of the few people left who haven't read it :)






4. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson






5. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson






6. Marley and Me by John Grogan


My sister gave this to me for my birthday in 2010 and I still haven't read it. She even got it signed by John Grogan. I feel so awful that I haven't read it. I loved the movie!








7. The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer


I have had this book since 2006. I started reading it but I was in grad school and life got really busy and complicated and I never picked it up again. I did like it and found it had some good advice for building confidence which I sorely need!






8. Birthmarked by Carah M. O'Brien


I won this book last year from another book blogger. I was really excited about reading it but somehow it just never happened. Now the sequel is out too. Oh, well...








9. My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares


This is one of those books that I went out and bought without thinking about it. Then I read some negative reviews and changed my mind about reading it. It sounds too much like a YA book I didn't care for that even has protagonists with the same name. I keep forgetting to donate this to my library book sale.






10. The Deathly Hallows Lectures by John Granger


I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I enjoy reading nonfiction about the books too. I consider John Granger to be something of a Harry Potter expert and I always learn more about the books from reading his essays. I loved his Looking For God in Harry Potter so I snatched up a copy of this right away. Unfortunately I have yet to finish it. It takes me a long time to read nonfiction. I do plan to read it someday.




Have you read any of these books? Am I a total failure for not having read them yet? :)

11 comments:

  1. I couldn't get into any of the Dragon Tattoo books. Water for Elephants was good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Stieg Larsson's trilogy! It took a few chapters for Dragon Tattoo to pick up, but once it did it didn't stop!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Eona a beautiful cover?! I started the first (what is it called?) waiting outside a Barnes and Noble last month - Nook, you know, can read whatever for an hour. :-D I like to read my series all at once, tho. I totally want to read Birthmarked, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Water for Elephants and Marley & Me! The rest on your list I have yet to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Water for Elephants on my bookshelf as well as Marley and Me. I just can't seem to start either! I just saw the Water for Elephants movie and enjoyed it, so maybe I'll read the book to see if it's even better! I hear the Dragon Tattoo is going to be a movie- hopefully I can read the book before the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Birthmarked on my wish list. :)
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. From that list, I've read Marley & Me (really sweet book) and Birthmarked. I actually have Eon on my shelf that is yet to be read, but I've only had it for a month, so I didn't include it on mine. Thanks for stopping by. Great list! I'll wish you luck on getting to these books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Water for Elephants is sooooo good.

    Lindsey @ babiesbooksandsigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't read Marley & Me unless you're ready to cry, cry, cry. I just finished Eon today. I want to start Eona.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved The Millenium series - but you have some other awesome books on your shelves too.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!