Sunday, November 20, 2011

In My Mailbox (69)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to share what books you received for review, purchased, or checked out from the library during the past week.


This week, it was all about YA books as I got a ton of new books from the library that came in on hold.


For review:



The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges


What drew me to want to read this book is the combination of historical fiction with paranormal elements. I am interested in Russian history and I have high hopes for this book.




Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally


This reminds me a little bit of Dairy Queen with the female football player angle. I think it is pretty cool that she is the QB of her team. 




As someone who enjoys being in book clubs I hope this will be as interesting as it sounds. 

Purchased:


Tamar by Mal Peet

This was one of the Kindle daily deals this past week and I thought it sounded really interesting. I don't know how popular it is with teens but I love historical fiction set during World War II.

From the library:



I have seen many, many good reviews of this book so I decided that I had to read it for myself. Hopefully I will like it as much as everyone else does!



How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr

I actually received this from NetGalley but didn't realize that I hadn't downloaded it to my Kindle till it was too late. Thankfully I was able to order it from the library.



Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

I really wanted to read this last month for Halloween but it is so popular that I didn't get my hands on a copy till now. Oh, well. 



Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst

I am hoping that this will be as humorous as Sucks To Be Me (Kimberly Pauley). The description certainly makes it sound like a funny book.




Fateful by Claudia Gray

I don't think I would have picked this up if it wasn't set on the Titanic. With the 100th anniversary fast approaching, I am sure there will be more and more books featuring the Titanic. This one has a paranormal twist with werewolves.




Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick


I think this one has potential to be a really interesting dystopian book. I have heard mostly good things about it.




Beauty and the Werewolf by Mercedes Lackey


This was my WoW pick not too long ago so I'm glad I was able to get it so soon. I've enjoyed the other fairy tale retellings in this series and I hope this will be just as fun.

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I'm a big fan of Sara Zarr and can't wait to read Saving a Life. It's on my shelf. Fateful sounds really good too. Can't wait to get that one! Too many books, too little time...lol...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Fateful! It was a great read :)

    Check out my in my mailbox!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these books look good, especially Catching Fire! I can't wait to read that one. I also want to reading Smoke and Bone- read some great reviews for that one! Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so many great books this week! I agree Catching Jordan does remind me of Dairy Queen, which I loved. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching Jordan looks like a fun book! And Daughter of Smoke & Bone is so good, I hope you love it :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely interested in the Mercedes Lackey as I (mostly) love her fairy tale retellings. You also have a great heaping stack of YA books with a lot of the same ones I'm planning to read so hopefully they're really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got some great books there Christina! Anna Dressed in Blood seems to be very popular lately, maybe I should pick it up too. I heard great things about Drink Slay Love, I hope you enjoy it.

    Celine
    My IMM post
    Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Fateful and have The Gathering Storm in my reading pile. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohw wow lots of pretties!! I loved Smoke and Bone and Anna! I also want to read Fateful I heard it was fantastic!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smoke and Bone is n my wish list. Enjoy all your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tamar is one of my favourite books. I really really like it. I'm jealous you have Daughter of Smoke & Bone - I'd like to read that one soon!

    You can check out my IMM here.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE! I look forward to reading your thoughts on it. Definitely one of my favorites for this year.
    And I am going to have to check out that Russian book. I love Russian history, so I'll be looking for that review as well.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Anna Dressed in Blood and Faithful. I really need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Hope you enjoy all these new books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many great books here! I want to read Drink Slay Love soon.

    I found you via the IMM linky. I’m a new follower :)
    Rachel Brooks Writes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna Dressed in Blood! I love that book. :) I'm really looking forward to reading Catching Jordan. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!