Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (121)



It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.

Though I only finished two books this past week they were books I really enjoyed rereading. It is nice to revisit old friends! Sometimes just like comfort food, I crave my comfort books :)

Once I finish reading The Mark of Athena, I'm not sure what I will pick up next. I am in the mood for more humorous books like Rick Riordan's but I have some library books and review books to get through first.



Books read:


The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (reread)


The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (reread)


Books reviewed:

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan



Currently reading:


The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

I just started this book and I can't wait to find out what happens now that both camps will be meeting and the quest moves to Greece and Rome.


What I might read next:


Hidden by Sophie Jordan

I love the dramatic covers for this series. I loved book one and liked book two. This is the final book and I hope the series ends well.


Ten by Gretchen McNeil

I've read mixed reviews of this book so I am no longer anticipating it as much as I once was. I loved And Then There Were None and from reading the sample of this one, I am not optimistic but we'll see...


Ruby Red by Kersten Gier (reread)

I just got Sapphire Blue for review so I thought I'd better refresh my memory by rereading Ruby Red first.



7 comments:

  1. I've got Ruby Red on my TBR pile, what did you think of it, should I rush?

    I get the whole comfort reads, I'm craving them and comfort food at the moment ... yummy books and chocolate instead of must read review books LOL
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love comfort reads too; I am thinking about devoting a few weeks next year just to rereading old faves. If you do start Hidden this week, I hope you like it! There are some good Jacinda/Will moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My students LOVE Riordan- that series is always flying off my classroom bookshelf. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Hidden. I just bought Vanish and can't wait to continue with the series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with these books - I hope you enjoy them all!

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these great ideas for reads. Thank you for sharing them.

    Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hidden looks very interesting and has a lovely cover. Looking forward to seeing what you think.

    If you'd like to stop by, here's what I'm reading this week.

    xo,
    JL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy TEN! I really enjoyed that one (despite the fact that the characters aren't very complex). Although, I never read And Then There Were None, so I didn't have anything to compare it to in my mind ;)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!