Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (7)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week:

"The last small breath she had drawn dwindled to nothing, even as she willed it to last. Fighting her terror, she looked down and saw dark, slithering shapes beneath her."

Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
p. 38

Silver Phoenix is a YA fantasy novel set in a land modeled on ancient China. The heroine Ai Ling feels that she has brought dishonor to her parents because no one wants to marry her. Then when her father goes missing, Ai Ling heads out after him. Along the way something evil keeps attacking her and Ai Ling must trust in her strange new abilities and the help of Chen Yong, a young man with a mysterious past.

I just started reading Silver Phoenix this morning and I love it so far. It reminds me a little bit of the story of Mulan or  Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman (Eon: Rise of the Dragoneye in the UK or The Two Pearls of Wisdom in Australia) which was one of my favorite YA books from last year. Hopefully I will be able to finish it soon and have a review posted this week!

What's your book teaser this week? Please leave a comment. I'd love to know what fabulous books you are reading!

14 comments:

  1. The cover is beautiful, I look forward to your review, sounds good.

    My teaser

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/03/two-for-teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. An attention grasping teaser and quite a frightening one at that. Well done. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-songbird-under-german.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! I've been meaning to get around to this one... :)

    Mine's here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good teaser!

    I have an award for you on my blog!
    http://tinyreadingroom.blogspot.com/2010/03/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover and great teaser! We can't keep The Silver Phoenix on the shelf at the library. I haven't seen it since we got it in because as soon as it comes back, someone else borrows it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this really makes me want to read this. I have seen it several times and each time thought, got to get it. Good choice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that teaser! I think this one is going on my list too... it sounds so good! I'm glad that you are enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's a great teaser indeed. I'm not sure if I'd like this book considering it's fantasy, but I'll be waiting for your review all the same!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool teaser, and I like the cover very nice. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool teaser! I haven't heard much about this book, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy. Thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Teaser, I just won a copy of Silver Phoenix from Cindy. Mulan is one of my favourites stories so now I just want to read it more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. interesting teaser! Definitely sounds like there are some similarities to Mulan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser! I really enjoyed the unique voice and writing style that Pon had throughout the book

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!