Saturday, March 6, 2010

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to share what books you received for review, purchased, or checked out from the library during the past week.

Books I received for review:


The Bad Queen by Carolyn Meyer

Part of the Young Royals series, The Bad Queen tells the tragic story of Marie Antoinette.

Books I checked out from the library:

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Book two in the Gallagher Girls spy series


The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard

Description from B&N:

Colt and Julia were secretly together for an entire year, and no one—not even Julia's boyfriend— knew. They had nothing in common, with Julia in her country club world on Black Mountain and Colt from down on the flats, but it never mattered. Until Julia dies in a car accident, and Colt learns the price of secrecy. He can't mourn Julia openly, and he's tormented that he might have played a part in her death. When Julia's journal ends up in his hands, Colt relives their year together at the same time that he's desperately trying to forget her. But how do you get over someone who was never yours in the first place?

The Seduction of the Crimson Rose by Lauren Willig

Book four in the Pink Carnation series about English spies

All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab

When a teen is murdered, her cousin and ex-boyfriend join forces to figure out what happened while dealing with their grief and feelings of guilt.

Hearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey

Description from B&N:

On Solange’s sixteenth birthday, she is going to wake up dead. As if that’s not bad enough, she also has to outwit her seven overprotective older brothers, avoid the politics involved with being the only daughter born to an ancient vampire dynasty, and elude Kieran Black—agent of an anti-vampire league who is searching for his father’s killer and is intent on staking Solange and her entire family.Luckily she has her own secret weapon—her human best friend Lucy—who is willing to defend Solange’s right to a normal life, whether she’s being smothered by her well-intentioned brothers or abducted by a power-hungry queen.


The Mark by Jen Nadol

Cassie can see a mark around people who are about to die and as she must decide if she should tell them they are going to die today or not. Based on the Greek myth of the seer Cassandra.

Sucks To Be Me by Kimberly Pauley

In this humorous novel, a teen has one month to decide if she is going to become a vampire like her parents and she has to attend classes with other teens to help her make her decision.

The Queen's Mistake by Diane Haeger

A novel about the life of Catherine Howard,  the doomed fifth wife of Henry VIII.

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers

Regina used to be one of the popular girls in school but now thanks to false rumors she is the one they torment. She tries to befriend Michael, a former victim of her bullying, but the girls of her former clique are determined to make her life hell.

That's what's in my mailbox. What did you receive this week?

15 comments:

  1. Great week in the way of books for you. The Mark sounds interesting - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa you got some amazing books this week! I definitely need to get my hands on The Secret Year-I've only heard great things about it. I have Some Girls Are and All Unquiet Things, I need to get started on them. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearts at Stake is on my wishlist, I've heard good things about it. Some Girls Are sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got loads of great books this week. Happy reading :)

    www.chrissiescorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice variety of books! I'm curious to find out more about the Marie Antoinette book - I researched her for a school project a while back so I'm pretty familiar when it comes to the history. Enjoy them all!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! I am really jealous you got Bad Queen! I really want to read that one. I also really liked The Secret Year. If you read it and like it, I am giving away a signed copy on my blog. :) Enjoy your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a great group of books! I liked Hearts at Stake and just got Cross My Heart... this week too. All Unquiet Things was sitting on my desk at work but I put it back on the shelf. I just don't think I can get to it in a reasonable time frame and want my students to have access to it. I hope you enjoy all your new reads. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a full mailbox! :) I've left something for you to pick up on my blog. Come by and see! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those are great books! I really enjoyed The Mark, Some Girls Are and All Unquiet Things and The Secret Year is one of my favorite books so far this year. I'm working on my review of Hearts at Stake now, it was a very fun read! Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice range of genres! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you got a lot of books this week, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great line up! I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great group of books this week! Over half of them are on my tbr list. Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! So much great stuff! Yes, we will definitely have to compare notes on All Unquiet Things! I love the cover on Crimson Rose..will have to search out this series!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that you will enjoy all your books. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!