Sunday, March 14, 2010

In My Mailbox (7)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to share what books you received for review, purchased, or checked out from the library during the past week.


Books I received for review:

Paper Daughter by Jeanette Ingold

Maggie Chen was born with ink in her blood. Her journalist father has fired her imagination with the thrill of the newsroom. But now Maggie’s father has been killed, and she is determined to keep their dreams alive by interning at the local newspaper.While assisting on her first story, suspicion of illegal activity falls on Maggie’s father, and she knows she must clear his name. Drawn to Seattle’s Chinatown, what she finds is far from what she expected: secrets, lies, and a connection to the Chinese Exclusion Era. Using all of her newspaper instincts and resources, Maggie is forced to confront her ethnicity—and a family she never knew.

Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
Thanks to Jami at YA Addict for hosting the Claire de Lune ARC tour!

On Claire Benoit's sixteenth birthday she finds out that she is a werewolf which does more than complicate her new relationship with cute Matthew Engle. Matthew's dad is at the head of an anti-werewolf organization and there is a murderous rogue werewolf on the loose.

Books I checked out from the library:

Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon

No one wanted Ai Ling. And deep down she is relieved—despite the dishonor she has brought upon her family—to be unbetrothed and free, not some stranger's subservient bride banished to the inner quarters. But now, something is after her. Something terrifying—a force she cannot comprehend. And as pieces of the puzzle start to fit together, Ai Ling begins to understand that her journey to the Palace of Fragrant Dreams isn't only a quest to find her beloved father but a venture with stakes larger than she could have imagined. Bravery, intelligence, the will to fight and fight hard . . . she will need all of these things. Just as she will need the new and mysterious power growing within her. She will also need help. It is Chen Yong who finds her partly submerged and barely breathing at the edge of a deep lake. There is something of unspeakable evil trying to drag her under. On a quest of his own, Chen Yong offers that help . . . and perhaps more.

The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig

Charlotte Lansdowne is happy when Robert, Duke of Dovesdale returns from years of duty in India. She looked up to him and admired him when she was a child. But Robert's purpose in returning to England is to avenge a murder. This is the fifth book in the Pink Carnation spy series.

Wish by Alexandra Bullen

Olivia Larsen is grieving the loss of her twin sister Violet when she receives a magical gown that can grant one wish. Olivia can think of only one thing that she wants-to have her sister back.


This is what's in my mailbox. What's in your mailbox this week?

20 comments:

  1. Silver Phoenix & Claire de Lune are awesome! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week! I've heard a lot of good things about Silver Phoenix.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper Daughter sounds very interesting, this is the first time I've heard about it. Enjoy all of your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper Town sounds really interesting - I had not heard of it, and will have to check it out asap. Enjoy Claire de Lune = it has been on my wishlist for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of any of those but they sound really interesting. I hope you enjoy them :)

    www.chrissiescorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I've heard that Claire de Lune is supposed to be really good, so I'm sure you'll like it. Enjoy all your books!

    Here's my In My Mailbox for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books! I hope you enjoy them all. I really liked Silver Phoenix, and Wish is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look good. I am really looking forward to Claire de Lune.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed Silver Phoenix and I hope you will as well!

    I'm jealous you got Paper Daughter, I can't wait to read it and your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read your reviews of Wish and Claire De Lune, both sound like great books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paper Daughter was really great! I hope you enjoy all of your awesome new books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read Wish! I wish (haha) my library had it :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books this week! Paper Daughter looks really good. I'm going to have to check that one out. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WISH! I have read a few negative reviews on this one, though it's in my wishlist and I still want to read it. Should I? I'd love to hear from you! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These books look interesting hope you enjoy reading them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books!! Paper Daughter sounds really intriguing - I'm going to have to check that one out! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great selection! I want to read Claire de Lune as well! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am absolutely jealous of "Claire de Lune" and "Wish!" I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow great titles I want all of them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!