Sunday, March 28, 2010

In My Mailbox (9)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to share what books you received for review, purchased, or checked out from the library during the past week.

Books I received for review:

Between Two Kingdoms by Joe Boyd

In this work of allegorical fantasy, author Joe Boyd takes us on a pilgrimage to a land of two kingdoms, but only one true King. An ancient land, where children never grow old. A living land, where foundations grow in trees and rivers sing and breathe. But also a dying land, where the darkness of a false prince threatens to swallow everything in its shadow.Enter the adventure with Tommy, a child of the Great King, as he and his friends accept the challenge to live as grown men and women in the Lower Kingdom—where hope is hidden, vision is clouded, and pride twists truth into a beautiful yet deadly deception.

Books I borrowed from my awesome sister:

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Paris, July 1942: Sarah, a ten year-old girl, is brutally arrested with her family by the French police in the Vel' d'Hiv roundup, but not before she locks her younger brother in a cupboard in the family's apartment, thinking that she will be back within a few hours. Paris, May 2002: On Vel' d'Hiv's 60th anniversary, journalist Julia Jarmond is asked to write an article about this black day in France's past. Through her contemporary investigation, she stumbles onto a trail of long-hidden family secrets that connect her to Sarah. Julia finds herself compelled to retrace the girl's ordeal, from that terrible term in the Vel d'Hiv, to the camps, and beyond. As she probes into Sarah's past, she begins to question her own place in France, and to reevaluate her marriage and her life.

I've been wanting to read this one for quite some time so I'm excited that my very kind, wonderful, and fantastic sister allowed me to borrow it.

Books I purchased (even though I'm not supposed to but at least it was on sale):

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

On Meghan Chases's sixteenth birthday, her life is turned upside down when her brother is kidnapped and a changeling is left in his place. To get him back, Meghan must go to the lands of the Faery where many surprises and dangers await.

That's what I received in my mailbox this week.
What did you get in your mailbox?

14 comments:

  1. Nice books, I liked the Iron King so I hope you enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Sarah's Key on hold at the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah's Key is amazing! I started it yesterday morning and finished it last night. Couldn't put it down. You're going to like it!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! I still need to read The Iron King.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I can't wait to hear what you think of THE IRON KING!
    And the Joe Boyd book looks really interesting - like Christian fiction or something :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought The Iron King was very good. I hope you enjoy it at least as much as I did. My IMM is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen between two kingdoms around a lot. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read The Iron King! Have fun reading.

    You have an award on my blog!
    http://swordsforfighting.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-awards-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books this week! I've heard good things about The Iron King, and can't wait to read it. Enjoy your books

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some good books! I especially want to read Sarah's Key!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't blame you for grabbing Iron King, especially if it was on sale!! It looks pretty great---it's sitting on my TBR shelves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Between Two Kingdoms sounds good. I hadn't seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Between Two Kingdom's sounds good. I've never heard of it before, but I'll be looking forward to your review of it. :) I have The Iron King too but haven't had a chance to read it. I hope you enjoy all of the books you received this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's the website for Between Two Kingdoms. Looks good! http://www.betweentwokingdoms.com/

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!