Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


This week I am waiting on:
 
Siren by Tricia Rayburn
Publication date: July 13, 2010

Seventeen-year-old Vanessa Sands is afraid of everything—the dark, heights, the ocean—but her fearless older sister, Justine, has always been there to coach her through every challenge. That is, until Justine goes cliff-diving one night near the family’s vacation house in Maine, and her lifeless body washes up on shore the next day. Though her parents hope that they’ll be able to find closure back in Boston, Vanessa can’t help feeling that her sister’s death wasn’t an accident. After discovering that Justine was keeping a lot of secrets, Vanessa returns to Winter Harbor, hoping that Justine’s boyfriend might know more. But Caleb has been missing since Justine’s death. Soon, it’s not just Vanessa who’s afraid. All of Winter Harbor is abuzz with anxiety when another body washes ashore, and panic sets in when the small town becomes host to a string of fatal, water-related accidents in which all the victims are found, horrifically, grinning from ear to ear. Vanessa turns to Caleb’s brother, Simon, for help, and begins to find herself drawn to him. As the pair try to understand the sudden rash of creepy drownings, Vanessa uncovers a secret that threatens her new romance—and will change her life forever.  A seductive paranormal romance full of unexpected twists, Siren is certain to make a big summer splash.

I think this sounds like a fantastic book. Water is the theme for this year's summer reading program so this book couldn't come at a better time.


What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

15 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I haven't heard of it before. Awesome pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hearing more and more about this book. It sounds awesome. Can't wait to read it--perfect summer read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! One I'm adding to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fab! Adding it to the pre-order list now! Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one does sound great and the cover is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. I want to read that one too. Here's my pick for this week: http://daisychainbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/04/waiting-on-wednesday-6-dark-flame-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my shelf just sitting! I think I should pull it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this one sounds good. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Siren does sound like a great mystery, exciting and thrilling. Great Choice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds kinda creepy in a good way! I like books about the ocean, and sirens :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! Sounds like a fantastic book & something I'd love! I'll add it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds great! Ugh, I can't wait until Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice one! I've seen that cover before but I don't believe I've ever read a summary. It sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds really good.

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totally obsessed with this one. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!