Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Top Ten Books I've Added to My TBR List Lately



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new subject each week and this week's theme is "Top Ten Books I've Added to My To-Be-Read List Lately".




Hunted by Meagan Spooner

This sounds like an intriguing retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Also I love the green cloak on the cover.

The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine

I really liked The Shadow Queen and this Rumpelstiltskin retelling is set in the same world. 

By Your Side by Kasie West

I read my first Kasie West book this year and thought it was fun so I am looking forward to reading some more of her books next year.

Gem & Dixie by Sara Zarr

I love that this book is about sisters plus it's Sara Zarr. She knows how to write emotional contemporary fiction.

Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham

This historical novel looks at the Tulsa race riot of 1921.



The Chilbury Ladies Choir by Jennifer Ryan

I thought this sounded really promising. It is set in England during WWII.

Girl in Disguise by Greer Macallister

A historical fiction novel about the first female detective in the U.S.? Yes, please!

A Twist in Time by Julie McElwain

I loved the first book about FBI agent Kendra Donovan who accidentally goes back in time and solves murder mysteries. This sequel looks like it will be just as good.

Heartstone by Elle Katharine White

This is a retelling of Pride and Prejudice with dragons and wyverns and direwolves, oh my! I must read it :)

The Supremes Sing the Happy Heartache Blues by Edward Kelsey Moore

The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat was one of my favorite books last year so of course I am thrilled about the sequel.

8 comments:

  1. Gem & Dixie sounds so good! I'm excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list, Christina! There are some new-to-me novels on here that I definitely want to check out like Heartstone. I also like the sound of Girl in Disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great list. I don't read much YA, but Gem and Dixie sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've come up with mostly titles I hadn't heard of, so I'm excited to check them out further. I love Beauty and the Beast so the Hunted sounds good, and I do love the cover too. Girl in Disguise-- I like some HF, also a Twist in Time, because I want to read the first in that series but haven't picked it up yet. Thanks for thinking outside the box with your lists :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many people are excited for Hunted. It looks good, but it also makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the cover and thought of story similar to Beauty and the Beast. I also like FBI and time travel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want to read Gem & Dixie. I'm a big Sara Zarr fan and I haven't read one of her books in a WHILE. By Your Side is a maybe for me. I haven't decided if Kasie West is for me or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hunted looks good, and I like that cover too. I've heard good things about Kasie West and Girls in disguise sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!