Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (54)



It's Monday What Are You Reading? is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I always enjoy seeing what other people have read and reviewed over the past week. It is also a great way to find new books to add to that ever-growing TBR list!

The weather may have been nasty this past week but I had an excellent time reading at least. I can't remember the last time I loved all of the books I read. Plus I am in a better mood because March is nearly here!

Favorite book of the week: The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

Post to check out: My Top Ten Book to Movie Adaptations


Books finished:

Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn

I cannot believe I waited so long to read this series. Just like with the Pink Carnation series, I'd noticed them at the library but didn't think I'd like them. With the Lady Julia Grey series in particular I thought they were just historical romance novels. Little did I know how wrong I was. They are historical mysteries and if the first book is any indication, I am going to love the rest!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I loved this book as you can tell by my review! Stephanie Perkins is a new favorite YA author :)

The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

Susanna Kearsley's books have been around awhile but until The Winter Sea was reissued here, I hadn't heard of them. This book reminded me a little bit of Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, a favorite of mine. I can't wait to try Susanna Kearsley's other books. This one was amazing! It is my favorite book I've read so far this year.

Books reviewed:

The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Currently reading:

Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran

What I plan to read next:

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

The Latte Rebellion by Sarah Jamila Stevenson

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan


What does your reading week look like?

13 comments:

  1. I keep hearing great things about Anna and the French Kiss and I'm probably one of the few people who haven't read it yet. I loved Prom and Prejudice so can't wait to see what you thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both The Winter Sea and Anna and the French Kiss have been lying on my shelf for a while. I need to get to them soon.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some awesome books planned this week. and I enjoyed your review of Anna and the French Kiss which I also loved. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Prom and Prejudice last week & it was fun! I actually still haven't tried both the Pink Carnation series & the Lady Julia Grey series, although they're on my must-read list! Anna & the French Kiss & Dash & Lilly's book of Dares are on my tbr list! I've added The Winter Sea on my wishlist 'cause it sounds really good, so I can't wait to get it! Happy reading & have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your book selections this week- must add a couple to my tbr pile. Hope you enjoy your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read Anna and the French Kiss, so it's great to hear a good review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Susan Kearsley books look interesting, and I hadn't noticed them before, so thanks for the eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard a single bad thing about Anna and the French Kiss! I have got to read it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna and the French Kiss seems to be a popular choice. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lady Julia Grey series is one of my favorites ever, I'm soooooo glad you liked it! The entire series is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. I've heard good things about it and keep meaning to pick it up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Silent in the Grave sounds like one I would like. I love the cover of The Winter Sea, beautiful. Have a great reading week!
    Mine is here:
    http://abookwormsblog1.blogspot.com/2011/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous line-up. I have The Winter Sea coming up soon and I've heard nothing but good about it. Off to check out your review of Anna and the French Kiss (I also have it waiting patiently.) Have a wonderful week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!