Saturday, February 26, 2011

In My Mailbox (47)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to share what books you received for review, purchased, or checked out from the library during the past week.

I participated in School Library Journal's Teen Book Buzz Spring 2011 webinar and was able to request some ARCs for review. I was thrilled when they arrived this week!

The books I'm most excited to read: The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch (it is set in Savannah, GA, my favorite city to visit) and Forgotten by Cat Patrick. I also requested a bunch of GLBT titles because I haven't read very many, especially in YA fiction. I did read Ash by Malinda Lo last year and look forward to reading Huntress. I've also heard good things about Julie Ann Peters's books.

For review:

The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch
(Also available to request through NetGalley)

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Huntress by Malinda Lo

I somehow ended up with two copies of Huntress so I will probably be holding a giveaway sometime soon.

I Am J by Cris Beam

She Loves You, She Loves You Not by Julie Ann Peters

Falling For Hamlet by Michelle Ray

(Thanks to Little, Brown and Company!)

From the library:

Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey

Bloody Valentine by Melissa de la Cruz

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read most of those books and the others will now be going on my list, haha. I'm especially looking forward to reading Forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these books look great, especially The Magnolia League and Falling For Hamlet. I am excited for both! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab books this week. Hope you enjoy them! I really liked Out for Blood. You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, im a new follower :)
    these books sound amazing, especially the julie anne peters ones. shes one of my FAVE authors. if you havent read luna by her, you totally should!
    Here's what I got IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read Out for Blood!!=)

    Enjoy your reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some interesting looking reads ya got there ;)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about Katie Crouch's books, but haven't read one yet. Will be back to read your review of The Magnolia League.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not been able to find Out for Blood! I really need to give in and order it!
    I also want to read Malinda Lo, I've heard she's good!
    The Magnolia League sounds awesome! I may need to request that one. I just have so many to read already... but I LOVE books in the south!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books this week! Forgotten looks awesome I can't wait to read it.
    I've got Out For Blood on my tbr pile.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! I'm so curious about Forgotten, and Falling for Hamlet looks great! Looking forward your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard too much about The Magnolia League but I like the cover and Falling for hamlet sounds very good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh, i see a couple of books i really want to read!! I need to check out falling for hamlet and the magnolia league. thanks for putting them on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read Forgotten and Huntress. Both excellent books! Love the Drake Chronicles although the first is still my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am dying to read Huntress! I loved Ash, hoping Lo's second book is just as good! Magnolia League and Forgetten both look really interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent books! I love Julie Anne Peters so I definitely want to read that book.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!