Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's Monday What Are You Reading (37)



It's Monday What Are You Reading? is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. I always enjoy seeing what other people have read and reviewed over the past week. It is also a great way to find new books to add to that ever-growing TBR list!


I had a better reading week than I've had in some time. I really enjoyed reading The Lost Hero and I'd planned to have a review up soon but then my computer crashed just when I got the Internet set up at home. Apparently the power supply has gone bad but hopefully I will be able to afford to get it fixed soon. Blogging during my short lunch break at work doesn't allow much time for review writing!


Books finished:

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Seven Year Switch by Claire Cook

Books I gave up on:

Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin

I tried so hard to like this book but I just couldn't get into it. I think it had to do with the unlikeable characters. I had to return it to the library this week. Maybe some day I will pick it up again.

Books reviewed:

Slayed by Amanda Marrone

Currently reading:

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

I am still reading this one and I will hopefully finish it up this week as it is due back to the library on Friday with a long hold list!

What I plan to read next:

The Body at the Tower by Y.S. Lee

The Replacement by Brenda Yovanoff

The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

What does your reading week look like?




4 comments:

  1. We have a lot of books in common this week, but I bet we'll see a lot of people with Lost Hero on their list. I also really liked Firelight and Body at the Tower. Right now I'm reading The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to read your review of Firelight. I loved that book. Also loved The Replacement. Have another great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband also finished The Lost Hero. It's still on my TBR pile. Not listed in my post are the ton and a half of peer reviewed journal articles I read. Here's what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your book line up - how fun! Great reads!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!