Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


My pick this week:


The Fool's Girl
By Celia Rees
Publication date: April 2010 (UK),  August 2010 (US)

Description from author's website:

"Violetta and Feste are in London, the year is 1601 and William Shakespeare is enjoying success at the Globe Theatre. But Violetta is not there to admire his plays; she is in England to retrieve her country's greatest treasure, stolen by the evil Malvolio, and she needs help. In an adventure that stretches from the shores of Illyria to the Forest of Arden, romance and danger go hand in hand. In a quest that could mean life or death, can Violetta manage to recover the precious relic and save her country and herself?"

I have read two novels by Celia Rees, Pirates! and Sovay and I loved both of them. I am looking forward to reading this book because of the connection with Shakespeare. Celia Rees came up with the idea for this book while watching the Shakespeare play, Twelfth Night. I can't wait to see what she does with this story that is based on Twelfth Night.

What are you waiting on this week?

16 comments:

  1. I am definitely waiting for this book as well! It looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I enjoy reading books that have been inspired in some way by Shakespeare, so it will be fun to see how elements from Twelfth Night are used in the story. I will be looking for this one in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this before, but it looks really interesting!

    You have an award over at my blog :)
    http://sarasbookjourney.blogspot.com/2010/02/award-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick, looks so good! Thanks for visiting The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Celia Rees' books. She writes it, I'll read it. Can't wait for this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick, this book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this one sounds good! I'm going to add it to my wishlist too. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of her books but this sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good! I haven't read any of her books, but I might check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this one really sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is totally on my wishlist! Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, this looks good. I'd like to read a new Twelfth Night adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this sounds like another great pick; thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds great! Thanks for visiting my blog. I noticed that you're from Ohio in your blog. I live in Ohio also...there's a few of us and it's nice to find more bloggers from the state!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!