Saturday, February 20, 2010

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to share what books you received for review, purchased, or checked out from the library during the past week.

Books I received for review:

Still Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley

Sequel to Sucks to Be Me.

Revolve 2010 Biblezine

Books I purchased:
Heist Society by Ally Carter

Description from book: "When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre...to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria...to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own--scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving "the life" for a normal life proves harder than she'd expected. Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring her back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat's dad needs her help. For Kat there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in history--or at least her family's (very crooked) history."


Books I checked out from the library:


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Description from book: "Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them. In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything."

Very LeFreak by Rachel Cohn

Description from book: "Very LeFreak has a problem: she’s a crazed technology addict. Very can’t get enough of her iPhone, laptop, IMs, text messages, whatever. If there’s any chance the incoming message, call, text, or photo might be from her supersecret online crush, she’s going to answer, no matter what. Nothing is too important: sleep, friends in mid-conversation, class, a meeting with the dean about academic probation. Soon enough, though, this obsession costs Very everything and everyone. Can she learn to block out the noise so she can finally hear her heart?"



I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Description from book: "Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her? Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love."


The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig

Description from author's website: "The Masque of the Black Tulip opens with the murder of a courier from the London War Office, his confidential dispatch for the Pink Carnation stolen. Meanwhile, the Black Tulip, France's deadliest spy, is in England with instructions to track down and kill the Pink Carnation. Only Henrietta Selwick and Miles Dorrington know where the Pink Carnation is stationed. Using a secret code book, Henrietta has deciphered a message detailing the threat of the Black Tulip. Meanwhile, the War Office has enlisted Miles to track down the notorious French spy before he (or she) can finish the deadly mission. But what Henrietta and Miles don't know is that while they are trying to find the Black Tulip (and possibly falling in love), the Black Tulip is watching them."



The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig

Description from the author's website: "Rebellion is brewing in Ireland, egged on by the unquenchable Black Tulip. The Pink Carnation and Geoffrey Pinchingdale-Snipe (formerly of the League of the Purple Gentian) are on the case. But as the Irish uprising draws nearer and the Black Tulip grows bolder, Geoff finds himself struggling with a very different sort of problem. An unexpected wife."

What's in your mailbox this week?

25 comments:

  1. Duuuude that's a lot of books :D
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Awesome books. I have never heard of Deception or Masque but they sound AMAZING. I love historical fiction. I am interested to see what you think of B.Creatures. I didn't LOVE it, but I thought it as a fun read. A lot of people disagreed with me though. I'll keep my eye out for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have Beautiful Creatures in my mailbox this week too!

    LOL. I like the sound of Sucks to be Me.

    Enjoy reading your books for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got lots of good ones. Beautiful Creatures, Heist Society and the sequel to Sucks to Be Me. Call it a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to read Beautiful Creatures! I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books you got this week. Beautiful Creatures looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heist Society sounds good! So do a lot of the others! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff! I loved Beautiful Creatures! Very LeFreak, addicted to cell iphones and text messages..sounds like my son! haha.
    Black Tulip looks interesting, will have to go searching for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa you got some really good books this week! I've heard really good things about Heist Society. Ooh I wish my library had Very Lefreak, it looks so good. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Creatures was a awesome book. Hope you Enjoy. Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOw, lots of awesome books. AWESOME, again AWESOME. OMG, I want to read all of them too.

    Still Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley, WOW, I want to read that one too. I have read the first one and it was pretty entertaining.

    ENJOY.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh nice list! Very LeFreak looks great. Hope you enjoy them all :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Great books. I loved I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I Have To Kill You! Hope you enjoy this second book. Kimberly Pauley's books sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh, yay Beautiful Creatures AND Lauren Willig. You've got awesome taste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you got some great books this week! I really liked Beautiful Creatures and Very LeFreak. And I've heard really good things about Heist Society and the books by Kimberly Pauley. Have a great reading week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Lauren Willig! Her books are the perfect mix of historical fiction and romance. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome books this week! I <3 the library and wish I had more time to check out books from there. I usually grab a few audiobooks to keep myself busy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great mailbox. Wow, you are signed up for a lot of challenges! Have a great week.
    Elie
    Ellz Readz

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look like great reads. I really liked Beautiful Creatures so I hope you enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved all of your choices! I hope you like Heist Society. I haven't read it yet but I love Ally Carter's works. I'd Tell You I Love you but then I'd have to kill you is an awesome book and I loved it. Hope you like it too! Hahaha, i'm reading BC at the moment and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice books! I really wanna read Heist Society, hope u enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I bought Beautiful Creatures way back when it was first released and I still have yet to read it. I'm sure it's good though! And you have some pretty awesome books.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, great books! I'll be reading Very LeFreak soon and I love the sound of Still Sucks to Be Me! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!