Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sunday Post (33) / It's Monday, What Are You Reading



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date, where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.

Merry Christmas! I spent a fun weekend with my sister and now I'm staying with my parents till after Christmas. My sister and her husband and I went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens and I thought it was amazing. I loved seeing the original characters and really liked the new characters too. I definitely plan to see it again while it's still in theaters. It wasn't all about Star Wars of course. I also enjoyed spending time with my sister and my furry nieces and furry nephew (cat, sheepadoodle puppy and goldendoodle). Saturday was our family Christmas at an Indian restaurant with really good food. Definitely worth the hour drive. Now I plan to relax, watch cheesy holiday movies and bake with my mom. She is hoping to make a yule log for Christmas, something she did years ago when I was a kid.

Did you go and see the new Star Wars movie yet? What did you think of it?

If you celebrate Christmas, I wish you a very Merry Christmas! I have a few reviews scheduled for this week but other than that I plan to take the time off from my blog to just be with my family.



#FitReaders Weekly Check In

#Fitreaders is hosted by Felicia at The Geeky Blogger and Jen at That's What I'm Talking About 

I didn't get to exercise that much this past week. I wasn't very motivated and had a couple of rough mornings where my GERD was bothering me so exercise was the very last thing I felt like doing. I will try to work out on my vacation (my mom and dad have a treadmill) but I make no promises! I did order a Fitbit One (finally!) which will be arriving tomorrow so that will hopefully help to motivate me.

Sunday--walked 1 mile
Monday--walked 1 mile
Tuesday--walked 1/2 mile
Wednesday--nothing
Thursday--nothing
Friday--nothing
Saturday--nothing


Last week on my blog:


My True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie Perkins, et al. (review)


Books read:

My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis

This is the second novel in the Cedar Ridge series about the Kincaid brothers. I had a hard time connecting with the characters in this one or really caring about their romance. 


Currently reading:


The Great Christmas Knit-Off by Alexandra Brown

I like this story so far though I haven't read very much of it. The heroine is left at the altar when her fiance runs away with her twin sister and when her job is also in danger, she decides to visit a friend in a charming village where she also finds a new chance at love.


What I might read next:


Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster

I have enjoyed reading the novelizations of Star Wars movies in the past so I decided to get this one too. I have seen some mixed reviews of it but hopefully I'll like it anyway.




New books received:


Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster (purchased)

Downton Abbey: A Celebration by Jessica Fellowes (library book)

The Hundred Gifts by Jennifer Scott (library book)


9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I see you're getting ready for the last season of Downton Abbey! I haven't seen Star Wars yet but we definitely plan to catch it in theaters. We'll wait for the crowds to die down first. I get pretty miserable if the theater is too crowded. Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked Star Wars! I wasn't crazy about it, but judging from reactions I'm in the minority, and I'm still glad I saw it. It was fun seeing it opening day too, which I didn't plan on doing, it just sorta happened that way. And I'm glad Star Wars is back.

    I think I may read that novelization too, to get more insight into certain things that bothered me. Should be an interesting read! Glad you have a relaxing week, it's nice to be with family, watch some holiday movies, and just relax. Have a merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to read The Readers of Broken Wheel recommend - I saw it in our shops the other day, and noted it for a possible buy another time. I haven't tried the Cedar Ridge series by JS, generally I like her books, but get a little weary of small town romances. Maybe some time I will get on to them - or not! Have a great Christmas- sounds family oriented which is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas break is already sounding wonderful. My partner saw the Star Wars movie on opening night but he was a little disappointed, something about same old plot lines lol but I'm sure it wouldn't stop him from going again with me.

    I've got Downton Abbey a Celebration to review and I really want The Hundred Gifts, might ask Santa for that one :)

    Yay on getting a fitbit, add me via email and I'll cheer you on. It really is a highly motivating little gadget. Enjoy your time with family, baking with your mum and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the time with your family! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Downton Abbey: A Celebration...definitely want to check out that book! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for a cute but quick holiday read, just haven't found it yet. Happy Holidays The Hundred Gifts cover is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Readers of Broken Wheel on my list. Don't be discouraged about your exercise, your still going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of skimmed your post and comments - I haven't seen Star Wars yet and don't want to inadvertently see any spoilers! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas - join in the ChristmasWalk if you feel up to it! Find me on FitBit once yours arrives! I'll be on the look out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have read similar books.

    I loved The Hundred Gifts and The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend. Both such cozy, sweet reads for me.

    I want to see your Top 10 books read in 2015 post.

    ENJOY this week, and Merry Christmas!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!