Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year and First Book of the Year


I wish you a happy and healthy 2016! I will be having a low key New Year's Eve. This afternoon I'm meeting my book club for a potluck lunch and then we'll be watching A Walk in the Woods, one of our book club picks from earlier this year. This evening I may go home to see my parents for the long weekend but haven't decided yet. 

First Book of the Year is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I've enjoyed participating in it for the past few years. It took me some time to choose my book this year but I finally decided to go with How to Be Brave, a YA contemporary debut by E. Katherine Kotteras. I've heard it is excellent. Have you thought about what your first book of 2016 might be?




11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! We are having a very low key NYE as well. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on How to Be Brave...I've heard good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool, your book club watching a movie adaptation. Happy New Year Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great book.... I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love debut books. Look forward to your thoughts on this one. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to read a debut novel to start the year, and sometimes it can be a delight to make the acquaintance of a new author and know you'll want to read their next one. Happy 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your First Book! I like the look of it...a new author to me. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy your book! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a good choice - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your first book of the year - I've heard excellent things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ENJOY your first book of the year.

    I need to be brave about a lot of things. :)

    Happy New Year!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Blogger New Year’s Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!