Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (90)





It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.


This has been a really rough week for me because I haven't been feeling well but I am hopeful that this coming week will be much better. I am planning to go home to visit family on Wednesday afternoon and to stay through the New Year. 


Happy Holidays!




Books read:


All Is Bright by Sarah Pekkanen

I liked this short story though it ended too abruptly. Thankfully the companion short story, Love, Accidentally, wraps up the loose ends. 


Love, Accidentally by Sarah Pekkanen



Books reviewed:

Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


Currently reading:



Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

I hope to finish this by the end of the year so I can complete the Victorian Reading Challenge. Right now, I am at the part where Jo forgives Amy for burning her manuscript (after Amy nearly falls through the ice when they go ice skating). I was glad to find so many things from the movie were taken from the book.


The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey

I am really enjoying this retelling of Jane Eyre set in 1960s Scotland. Right now Gemma has just arrived at her new job as an au pair but she hasn't met the "Mr. Rochester" character yet.


What I might read next:


Legend by Marie Lu

My goal is to finish this book by the end of the year so I can see if it makes it onto my Best of 2011 list. I also want to read it because it sounds really good :)


A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison

This novel is about two young Indian girls who survive the 2004 tsunami only to find themselves sold into slavery. 



I got this for Christmas last year but still haven't read it. Bad me! I better start it before my sister gives me a hard time about it :)

12 comments:

  1. I have Legend on my list - but those Sara Pekkanen books look fantastic... not that i need to add more books to my TBR >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better before leaving for the holidays. Merry Christmas. Hope you enjoy reading last years present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked at Legend too. Hope you enjoy it.
    A friend lent me the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but I haven't gotten to it yet.
    I hope you have save travels and a wonderful visit with family. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All is Bright is one I wish to read too. Have a wonderful Christmas week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Sarah Pekkanen books look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas ! I love the little dog and the girl in the dragon tattoo should be a great read . I hope you enjoy Little Women

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well - I hope you recover quickly!

    Have a great reading week and Merry Christmas!

    shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Sparky, my Kindle. I have the second book in paperback, but haven't read it yet.

    The Flight of Gemma Hardy is on my wish list.

    Enjoy your week!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! Little Women! I love it! It's one of my favorites! I need to read it again! Have a wonderful reading week!

    http://mustreadfaster.blogspot.com/2011/12/what-are-you-reading-monday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to check some of those out!
    Here’s my It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? post for this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better.

    I'm on vacation and the time off has given me time to finish my GoodReads challenge. Please come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I've been sick this week too and it isn't my favorite feeling.

    The Flight of Gemma Hardy sounds so good, it's on my TBR list already. And Little Women is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!