Saturday, March 20, 2010

Review #28 Still Sucks To Be Me

Still Sucks To Be Me
By Kimberly Pauley
Publication date: May 11, 2010
My rating: ****1/2

My review:

In the first book, Sucks To Be Me, Mina had to make a decision to become a vampire like her parents or remain human. In Still Sucks To Be Me, Mina has made her choice and now she has to deal with the outcome of that decision along with hilarious situations that only Mina could get herself into.

Mina is a delightful character with a great sense of humor. She is also very intelligent, brave, and caring. Familiar characters are back such as the very memorable Uncle Mortie and some new faces are introduced including Cameron, a handsome young vampire, who may or may not be a member of a vampire gang. Each chapter begins with funny vampire myths and facts as well as lists from Mina on why her life continues to suck. Still Sucks To Be Me is a fantastically funny book and once again I found myself laughing out loud while reading. I didn't think it would be possible to top the first book but I actually enjoyed this sequel a little bit more!  I hope that there will be more books about Mina, her family, and friends. If you haven't read Sucks To Be Me, go pick it up and if you have read the first book, this sequel is one you won't want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!