Saturday, June 24, 2017

Sunday Post (93) / It's Monday, What Are You Reading




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date, where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. For those that don't know, my dad had quintuple bypass surgery which is why I've been absent recently. He is out of the hospital and now in a rehab facility at a nursing home where he is doing well. Hopefully it won't be long before he is back home. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.


Me as Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

At the library I have been busy trying to catch up from all the time off. We had our Comic Con event on Saturday and though the event didn't go the way we'd planned, we had over 130 people in attendance which was fantastic and the attendees seemed to enjoy themselves. On Monday I have my murder mystery dinner and I still have a lot to do to get ready for that. 



Books read:



The Undateable by Sarah Title

I enjoyed this one though I wished there was more time spent in the library environment. She is an academic librarian but the library doesn't play a huge role in the book.



Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate

The historical part of the story was interesting but the contemporary story wasn't as compelling because I found the main character annoying.



Falling for Trouble by Sarah Title

This is another contemporary romance featuring a librarian. Liam is a library director in a small town who falls for a wild musician. I liked how the library was more a part of the story.



Then Came You by Becky Wade

This is an inspirational fiction novella about a guy who goes through a lot of heartache before he gets a happy ending. It leads up to the author's new Bradford Sisters series. There were some parts that just annoyed me. Not the hero but the heroine. She was not my favorite.


The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner

I thought this was a nice "beach read" kind of book. The beach setting is fantastic and I liked the characters and family drama too.



Currently reading:


In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen

This is the first mystery outside of her "Royal Spyness" series that I've read. It is set during WWII and involves German spies and a British village.






15 comments:

  1. Love your superhero outfit and is that your library in the background? It's gorgeous! I'm glad you enjoyed The Forever Summer. I thought it was a good beach read for sure! I'm glad to hear your dad is on the mend. I hope you are having a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! One of my coworkers helped with the sewing part of the costume (it's made from a men's t-shirt and the sleeves are from a Christmas shirt I found at a thrift shop). That is my library in the background. It is a nice building and very pretty outside too. Thanks for recommending The Forever Summer. Really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I like your last book on the list. I hope I can track that down. I hope your Dad improves fast and is back home as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am sorry to hear your dad had to have surgery, but glad that all is well! Hopefully he will be up and at em' soon. :)

    I love your costume! Great job!

    I loved In Farleigh Field. It's not my usual genre, but I really loved that book. I think this fall/winter I am going to give her other series a try. She had a great writing style that I enjoyed. Have a great week, best wishes to you and your family as your dad recovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad you didn't like the main character in Before We Were Yours. I've heard about this one and it seemed like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The murder mystery dinner sounds like fun. glad you Dad is slowly recovering. Your costume is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Ms. Marvel costume! And I agree with christina- your library looks great! Glad to hear your dad is out of the hospital and best wishes to him for a fast and complete recvoery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...I hope your dad gets better and I love your Ms. Marvel costume!!!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your dad is doing better! Great outfit, by the way! I hope your murder mystery goes well :)

    Have a great week and happy reading :)
    Jo-Ann
    Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make an awesome Ms Marvel. It's been a busy week with a cracked toilet, day camp, and paperwork for cross country. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to visit that library someday! I wish we had a library as beautiful here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your father recovers well. I am curious about The Forever Summer. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to look for Sarah Title's books. I love stories with librarians. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your dad is doing well! I've seen Farleigh Field everywhere lately. How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have added Before We Were Yours to my list....and In Farleigh Field looks good, too.

    Enjoy your week, and good thoughts for your dad...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!