Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (182)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week, I'm waiting on:

Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker
Release date: July 19, 2016

Ocean’s Eleven meets the star-crossed lovers of West Side Story. Grab some popcorn and get ready for an adrenaline-filled heist!
 
LEXI is a rich girl who loves a good rush. Whether it’s motorcycle racing or BASE jumping off a building in downtown Los Angeles, the only times she feels alive are when she and her friends are executing one of their dares. After her father’s arrest, Lexi doesn’t think twice about going undercover at his bank to steal the evidence that might clear his name. She enlists her hacker brother and her daredevil friends to plan a clever heist.
 
CHRISTIAN is a boy from the wrong side of the tracks. The local gang has blackmailed him and his friends into robbing banks, and he is desperate for a way out. When the boss promises that one really big job will be the last he ever has to do, Christian jumps at the chance for freedom. In fact, he’s just met a girl at the bank who might even prove useful. . . 

Two heists. One score. The only thing standing in their way is each other.
 
Told in alternating points of view, this caper is full of romance and fast-paced fun. Hand to fans of Perfect Chemistry, The Conspiracy of Us, and Heist Society.

I think this sounds like fun and the premise does remind me a little of Heist Society. I am a fan of Ocean's Eleven too. Not sure about the West Side Story reference but I plan to give this a try.

5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one as well...big fan of Oceans Eleven. Thanks for putting this one on my radar, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sold!!! I love the title, the cover, and that first line: "Ocean's Eleven meets the star-crossed lovers of West Side Story." Yep I'm sold :) Great pick, adding to my TBR now!
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound fun. I like that title too and the alternating POV's sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an ARC of this one and I can't wait to read it!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!