Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Post (16) / It's Monday What Are You Reading



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next. I will also be sharing my It's Monday post on Twitter #IMWAYR.

Greetings from Brampton, Ontario! I am in Canada for the next week with my parents visiting my aunt and uncle and cousins. My mom's side of the family pretty much all live up here so I grew up making a trip every summer. Tomorrow is my birthday and this is the first time in years that I will be celebrating my birthday in Canada. 

While I am on vacation I have a lot of reviews scheduled so please stop back and check them out! 


Last week on my blog:

Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner (review)
Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine (review)


This week on my blog:


The Rearranged Life by Annika Sharma (review)
The Other Daughter by Lauren Willig (review)
Rome in Love by Anita Hughes (review)
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman (review)
A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley (review)


Books read:


Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

This was a pretty good follow up novel to The Diviners but not as creepy. It introduced an interesting new character and some more mysteries.


The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (reread)

I enjoy listening to this series on audio and it makes long drives go by quickly. I'll probably listen to The House of Hades on my way home from Canada though the new narrator isn't as good.


Currently reading:


Malice at the Palace by Rhys Bowen

I'm enjoying this mystery novel so far. I really like this series. They are great when you want something light and fun to read.


What I plan to read next:


Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt


Soundless by Richelle Mead


Bohemian Gospel by Dana Chamblee Carpenter

8 comments:

  1. Have a great time on vacation and hanging out with your family. I have never been to Canada, but have always wanted to go. I will also keep my eye out for your reviews this week--you have some great ones coming up that I am very interested in. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy Birthday in Canada! Lots of great reading. I haven't read the last one in the Rick Riordan books but enjoyed all the ones I did. Looking forward to your review for The Other Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Libba Bray! I'm curious about the Mead book. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday. It's so much fun to be able to spend a special day with your family. Both Bohemian Gospel and Soundless look really good. I may have to track those down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday tomorrow, and enjoy your trip! Lair of dreams looks good (like that cover) and it sounds very mysterious. :) And of course Riordan- i need to read those one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy early birthday! Malice at the Palace sounds good and I'll have to check out The Bohemian Gospel. Enjoy your week in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the best books!

    Happy Birthday in Canada!! Have a great time on your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!