Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (62)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


This week, I'm waiting on:

Legend by Marie Lu
Publication date: November 29, 2011



Synopsis from Goodreads:

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.


I am excited about this one because it reminds me of The Hunger Games and Divergent.

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. I am waiting on this one too. It just sounds super exciting and it does remind me of the HG games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about this one. I think it has the making of a terrific dystopian. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been seeing this for WoW, good choice, I am waiting for this book as well.

    Here's my WoW this week: http://www.peaceloveandreviews.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun. I love suspense.

    Here is my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good I am a big fan of The Hunger Games so this one really appeals to me.

    My WoW

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read this book. Plus, I love the characters' names.





    My WoW.

    Mary (mfay2) @ Anxirium

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!