Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two Movie Review



After years of waiting the final Harry Potter movie was released last week and I was able to watch it Sunday morning.  I did not watch the movie in 3D and I've heard that it is actually better in 2D because the film is visually dark. I wasn't sure if the movie would end up doing the book justice but I was really pleased with it. There were some truly emotional moments, especially with Alan Rickman's portrayal of Snape. I could hear people in the audience sniffling and I was blinking back tears myself. I also loved Helena Bonham Carter's portrayal of Hermione as Bellatrix in the Gringotts scenes. She really captured Hermione's expressions and character. There were some parts that I thought could have been much better (the King's Cross scene disappointed me as well as the Dumbledore storyline) but overall I thought it was a fantastic way to end the films. I liked the special effects but it was the emotional scenes that made the movie a winner for me. It is the end of a journey in a way and I am sad to say goodbye to these characters again though I am looking forward to the Blu-ray to see if there are any deleted/extended scenes. 

Have you seen the final film? What did you think of it? Did it meet your expectations?

6 comments:

  1. I just saw the film last night and I liked it a lot more than Part I. I thought it was the perfect ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'm just ridiculous, but I cried throughout the film. For me, the film itself was very emotional, and I was sad to see Harry Potter come to an end. Part 2 is absolutely my favorite HP movie yet, and I'm thrilled that the series went out with such a bang. Great review, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the movie so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pretty satisfied too although I wanted a few changes in "The Prince's Tale," more Dumbledore storyline, and a bit more of hot Neville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't watched it. Don't plan to. But so glad you enjoyed it and found it pretty satisfying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was great. The Prince's Tale was amazingly done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman were incredible in this movie, as they always are. I loved Neville in this movie, he was always a favorite of mine in the books :)

    Overall, I really think they did a great job (although that ending scene was so unbelievable regarding how "aged" they were supposed to be).

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!