Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (193)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


This week, I'm waiting on:

Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz
Release date: October 4, 2016

Jasmine de los Santos has always done what's expected of her. Pretty and popular, she's studied hard, made her Filipino immigrant parents proud and is ready to reap the rewards in the form of a full college scholarship.

And then everything shatters. A national scholar award invitation compels her parents to reveal the truth: their visas expired years ago. Her entire family is illegal. That means no scholarships, maybe no college at all and the very real threat of deportation.

For the first time, Jasmine rebels, trying all those teen things she never had time for in the past. Even as she's trying to make sense of her new world, it's turned upside down by Royce Blakely, the charming son of a high-ranking congressman. Jasmine no longer has any idea where—or if—she fits into the American Dream. All she knows is that she's not giving up. Because when the rules you lived by no longer apply, the only thing to do is make up your own.

I think this sounds promising--and very different from what I've come to expect from the author of the Blue Bloods, Au Pairs and Witches of East End series.


6 comments:

  1. I am not the biggest fan of this author, but I love the sound of this one. I will definitely be reading it this fall! Great pick, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, thanks for introducing me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually never read anything by this author but wow, this one sounds great! I haven't ever read anything like this before so I'm really excited at the chance to give it a try!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author in a long time but this sounds great!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this book around! The last de la Cruz book I read was The Ring and the Crown, which I liked. (Where the heck is that book's sequel?! lol) I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cover is quite lovely to me. I love script fonts. I hope you enjoy this culturally diverse book. I'm trying to read more diverse books these days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!