Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (190)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

This week, I'm waiting on:

Interference by Kay Honeyman
Release date: September 27, 2016

Friday Night Lights meets Jane Austen's Emma in this wonderful novel about a big election, big games, the big state of Texas, and a little romance. 

As a Congressman's daughter in Washington, D.C., Kate Hamilton is good at getting what she wants -- what some people might call "interfering." But when her family moves to West Texas so her dad can run in a special election, Kate encounters some difficulties that test all her political skills. None of her matchmaking efforts go according to plan. Her father's campaign gets off to a rough start. A pro tip for moving to Texas: Don't slam the star quarterback's hand in a door. And whenever Kate messes up, the irritatingly right (and handsome) Hunter Price is there to witness it. But Kate has determination and a good heart, and with all her political savvy -- and a little clever interference -- she'll figure out what it takes to make Red Dirt home.

Terrifically funny and sweetly romantic, with whip-crack dialogue and a wise perspective on growing up, INTERFERENCE is the perfect next read for fans of Jenny Han, Huntley Fitzpatrick, Elizabeth Eulberg, or Sarah Dessen.

The last book I read that was compared to both Friday Night Lights and Jane Austen was First & Then by Emma Mills which I really liked even though I'm not a football fan. Hopefully Interference will be just as good. It certainly sounds like a fun story!



7 comments:

  1. Oh man! I love the sound of this. Anything compared to FNL is right up my alley. I also really enjoyed First & Then as well. Thanks for sharing this one. I'll be adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this one sounds relly good, I love the american high school type thing (I'm british, it's escapism!)

    Here's my pick for the week :)
    Here is a link to my blogoversary giveaway as well! It ends in two days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one before, but I love Friday Night Lights and I also love Jane Austen so I'm very intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina, Come to think of it...I can't recall the last book I read with sports. :D My nose is usually buried in some fantasy of sorts. I really like the sound of this one with "whip-crack dialogue." I love a sharp tongue! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOH! I love how this book sounds - and I can't believe I haven't heard of it before!

    *heads of to goodreads*

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/2016/07/waiting-on-wednesday-3-august-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a really good read, hopefully it is! Sounds funny too...

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!