Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday Post (40) / It's Monday, What Are You Reading



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date, where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.

It was another quiet week for me. Work has been busy, particularly in the mornings. I had one morning by myself at the help desk and the phone was ringing off the hook. I barely managed to keep up till a coworker came up to help. I guess that makes the days go faster! This week we are supposed to get snow, possibly as much as 6 inches but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is 1-2 inches instead. I plan to go to the grocery store later today to stock up just in case.

I am working through some programming ideas I have like a chocolate tasting that I hope to do on the night of our second Edible Book Festival this April. The time is just flying by! I need to get things together so we can advertise next month. I had hoped to have a local chocolatier come in but that doesn't seem to be working out so I think I will be running the program myself. Thankfully a librarian at another library near by gave me some really good ideas from her own chocolate tasting program she did last year. I also reached out to a programming group I belong to on Facebook and they have been helpful too. I hope to have the details ironed out by the end of the week. 

I started watching Grease Live! on Hulu this past week. I like it so far but it isn't as good as the film version which is what I am most familiar with. I've also been watching old episodes of Foyle's War on Netflix. I enjoyed that show when it was on PBS. I found last week's episode of The Flash to be a snooze but this week should be interesting as they travel to Earth 2 and Killer Frost is introduced. Arrow is much more entertaining at the moment and Agent Carter is pretty good too.




#FitReaders Weekly Check In

#FitReaders is hosted by Felicia at The Geeky Blogger and Jen at That's What I'm Talking About

Sunday--11,872 steps, exercised 72 minutes
Monday--11,305 steps, exercised 45 minutes
Tuesday--11,726 steps, exercised 62 minutes
Wednesday--11,262 steps, exercised 45 minutes
Thursday--11,074 steps, exercised 45 minutes
Friday--12,774 steps, exercised 60 minutes
Saturday--11,260 steps, exercised 60 minutes


Last week on my blog:


The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth (review)


Books read:


Starflight by Melissa Landers


I liked this one a lot. It is a fun space adventure story that I think readers who don't usually read science fiction would also enjoy. My review will be up later this week.


Currently reading:


These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas

I originally thought this book was set during the Regency (probably because the book description mentions Jane Austen) but it is set in the 1880s which I would have realized if I'd read the description more carefully! I think it is entertaining.


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (reread)

I've made more progress and am now in Lothlorien. I hope to finish The Fellowship of the Ring this week.


What I might read next:


The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine



New books arrived:


Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (library book)

The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry (library book)

The Paris Key by Juliet Blackwell (library book)

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson (library book)






15 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you don't get too much snow. We're supposed to have a chance of flurries all week, but not a lot of accumulation I don't think. 1-3 or more in certain areas...

    I watched Grease live too and thought the same- not bad but the movie version spoiled me and I always compare to that. :) I like Flash but haven't been watching as I'm behind- I need to get caught up and then start watching weekly again.

    Glad to hear Starflight is good, I was hoping it would be as I need a space opera now and then. I've been mulling that one... Yay for Lothlorien! I love Tolkien's world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starlight looks good! Great job on your steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate tasting yummy, wish our library did such great things as you. Can imagine how fast time would go when busy on the help desk. Have heard good things about The Paris Key and wouldn't mind reading it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy does usually equal fast for me at work too, although I don't especially care for crazy busy. The Edible Book Festival sounds fun. I imagine a lot of work goes into that. We just watched Grease Live today and enjoyed it. After having seen it a dozen times with the original cast, it does take a little getting used to with a new one. I saw the stage production a few years ago and enjoyed that. I like Agent Carter too. I'm finally all caught up with that one. You did an amazing job with your steps! I hope to do better this week than I have been doing.

    Starflight sounds really good. I am glad to hear you liked it! I hope you enjoy your week and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an ARC of Viscious Masks and can't wait to read it either. I hope you enjoy your books!

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm living in London right now, studying for my MA, and I WISH we would get some snow! Just a little bit. And the chocolate tasting sounds like a lot of fun.

    Your books all look fantastic. I can't wait to read Passenger!

    My It's Monday! Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck planning the events at your library! I love the sound of the chocolate one. Yum! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on These Vicious Masks and Imposter Queen. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Paris Key seems really interesting! I haven't heard of it before either, but I am adding it to my list! I have The Passenger on my TBR list, so I need to get to this one! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Reading!
    Punkie @Fluttering Hearts Reviews
    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed Grease Live. Your books look very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband and I are obsessed with LOTR, so enjoy your journey through Lothlorien!
    Your chocolate tasting affair sounds like a fun time. You do seem to have a great and satisfying career!
    Thanks for the tip on Starflight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved The Paris Key--hope you enjoy it as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wondered about the Grease movie. I loved the original and still remember seeing it at the drive thru as a kid. Ooo the chocolate event sounds wonderful. Hope the snow is light and your work week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recorded Grease Live! But I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm looking forward to it

    Have a great reading week
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm chocolate tasting! I'd come to your library in a heartbeat :)

    Your new books look really good, and I hope you'll enjoy them all.

    Have a wonderful rest of the week and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the snow misses you, I know you are not a fan! It's fine when you huddle up at home, but driving in snow on curvy roads ~ not fun.

    Your chocolate event sounds awesome! Enjoy your new books.

    Thank you for your well wishes and prayers for Wyatt. I appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!