Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new subject each week and this week's topic is "Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013"


Kitty (my cat niece) is peeved that I've neglected so many of my Kindle books

1. Read more books from my TBR pile, especially on my Kindle (100s I haven't read!)
2. Finish reading Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
3. Reread The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
4. Start reading A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
5. Finish the reading challenges I sign up for
6. Get caught up on series like the Across the Universe series by Beth Revis
7. Read more nonfiction
8. Read books for fun and not just for review
9. Be okay with rereading
10. Read at least 100 books (I am secretly hoping to read 130 or more but will be happy with 100)

6 comments:

  1. Great goals-any nonfiction books on tap for the month of January?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals. I hope to read more from my TBR pile and read more books for fun as well. Good luck with your reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many kindle books that I haven't read yet, it's almost embarrassing. I'm with you on #3, #8 and #9 too! :)

    Great top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be able to squeeze in more books for fun! And 132 is my reading goal, but I'd love to beat at least 150 this year! Good luck on all of your goals :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute photo of the kitty! My animals always want to cuddle with me when i'm reading too

    I stumbled across your blog through another book blogs comment and I am sure glad I did! It's always nice to meet fellow bibliophiles!

    I agree with you on number 9, I read so many books throughout time that re-reading should be done in order to understand sequels or trilogies better but sometimes I just cant bring myself to read a book again!

    I just subscribed to your blog and cant wait to see more updates and reviews to add to my ever growing need to read list.


    -Stacy at Longtime Lover Of Literature

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to reread LOTR this year as well. I'm going to start it after I make myself finish Emma though, I can't handle that many big books at once. Oh, and I totally need to start A Game of Thrones too, I've had that series sitting on my shelf for ages now.

    Your cat niece looks as serious about reading as my cat, who is named Pippin but I lovingly call The Chairman.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!