Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (130)



It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.

I can't believe how quickly this month is flying by! I'm so behind in Christmas preparations. I still have to get some gifts and I've only sent out two Christmas cards. Earlier this week, I shared some homemade gift ideas if you are in need of inspiration.


Books read:




Reached by Ally Condie

I still liked this book but it was not as good as it should have been for a series finale. I think Matched is the best book in the series.



The Fire Chronicle by John Stephens

Now this is a good sequel! I really enjoyed this book and didn't think it fell victim to the second book in a series curse. There was plenty of action and twists. 



Books reviewed:



The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien




What I might read next:




Edenbrooke by Julie Donaldson

This regency romance kind of slipped under the radar for me and I first noticed it when it was nominated for the Goodreads Choice Award for romance. It looks like a lighthearted story which is exactly what I need right now.



Star Wars: Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn

I don't think this is going to have the same feel that the Thrawn trilogy had but it sounds like a fun heist caper instead.


Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder

I loved Touch of Power and hope this sequel will live up to it. I usually enjoy Maria Snyder's blend of fantasy and romance.

14 comments:

  1. I am definitely adding Edenbrooke to my TBR list! Happy reading week!

    -Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, shoot! sorry to hear Reached was not as good as expected. It is hard to believe that Dec. is half over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Snyder fan too but haven't read this series yet. I'm enjoying holiday stories right now. :-) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am usually let down by the last book in series and trilogy's, sigh.

    Happy Holidays Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear about Fire Chronicle-I definitely felt that there were some less than satisfactory 2nd/3rd books released this year.

    While I didn't find Scent of Magic to be quite as good as Touch of Power, it was still pretty good. Hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disappointing when the last book in a series doesn't live up to expectations. Edenbrook has such a pretty cover. Hope you enjoy Scent of Magic, it's drama filled lol.
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading and finishing all the Christmas preparations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reached is still on my TBR stack as is Crossed. I did read Scent of Magic and enjoyed it. I hope you do too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry Reached wasn't as good as Matched. That's how I felt about Crossed. I don't know if I will even finish the series. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Edenbrooke...definitely seems like something I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on Scent of Magic - Snyder writes an entertaining story and I might crack this one over the Christmas holidays.

    I've had Matched on my shelf since it came out and still haven't read it! Whoops. At least the trilogies finished now? Always good if you're an impatient reader!

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you going to see the Hobbit movie?? Huge lines here to get inso I think I'm gonna wait until next weekend or so :)

    Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edenbrooke looks great will be adding that to my list for next year!

    Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really behind on my Christmas prep too...somehow it snuck up on me! I've still got a couple of gifts to buy, and I have to wrap everything!

    Popping over to your Hobbit review :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!