Thursday, December 13, 2012

Homemade Gift Ideas



At my library, I am in charge of creating programming for adults and one of our new initiatives is creating craft videos to post on YouTube and the library website. Along with my friend and coworker Kim, I started up DIY Crafts for the Uncrafty. Our December videos all feature homemade holiday gift ideas and I thought I'd share some with you. 

Neither of us are particularly crafty (we can't sew!) and these projects are easy to make. The first video shows you how to make the popular ruffled t-shirt scarf, the second one shows tile coasters, and the third one shows how to make sugared nuts in the crock pot. I hope you don't mind that this isn't a bookish post but it is related to libraries...

I also have a ton of gift ideas (homemade and store bought) on my Pinterest board: Gift Basket and Gift Ideas







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing-I am definitely not the crafty type although I have aspirations to be so. I will watch these videos eagerly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these with us! I am SOOO not crafty, but I want to be! I will have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I love doing crafty stuff but coming up with ideas is the hard part. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!