Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (88)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.    


This week, I'm waiting on:

Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Release date: September 18, 2012

Description:

And their doom comes swiftly. 

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury. 

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine. 

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off the from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None was one of my favorite books as a teen. I don't know if this book is inspired by that one but it sounds similar enough that I can't wait to read it! I enjoy suspense and it is nice to see more YA suspense being published, especially as Ten seems to not include any paranormal/supernatural elements.

5 comments:

  1. Amd Then There Were None is one of my fave Christie's as well so I think this will be very interesting. Can't wait to see what twists and turns are awaiting us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... Gretchen McNeil.. This author.. I do know her from somewhere. Oh God, I'm so slow today. The book sounds really good! I hope there'll be more Suspense for YAs, too! :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. O it sounds SO good. So thrilling. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover, the premise - sounds very chilling and a definite must-read! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I am SOOOOO excited for this book! It sounds amazingly creepy! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!