Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Going to PLA!


I will be heading to the PLA (Public Library Association) Conference tomorrow so I won't have any posts up for the rest of the week. I am excited about attending the conference, meeting other librarians, and seeing authors like Ally Carter! I also want to do some sightseeing if the weather cooperates. Best of all, my sister is going too though she will be busy shopping while I am attending conference sessions :)


Have you been to Philadelphia? Any places you suggest I visit or any good restaurants you recommend?

5 comments:

  1. Have fun in Philadelphia! I went to Philly about 10 years ago and it is one of the best cities in America to tour! Plus, they have this gigantic mall near downtown. If you have time, you might try going out to Valley Forge.

    Have fun at the conference! Will really be interested in your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Have fun. Take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were you, and the weather is gorgeous - go explore Eastern State penitentiary. As creepy as it sounds, it's so fascinating and the audio tour is hosted by Steve Buscemi (I prefer the audio tour to their hosted guide tours since you can explore on your own). Also, just walking through Center City is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect time of year to visit Philadelphia! I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy meeting all the authors and other librarians! Can I tag along in your suitcase?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be at PLA on Thursday, signing copies of A Breath of Eyre from 2-3; I'd love to meet you! And I live in Philly--it's a great town. The Convention Center is close to Chinatown, which is definitely worth checking out for a meal or two. Depending on how long you're there, you should try to get to the Art Museum, if only to see the Rocky stairs!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!