Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (60)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


This week, I'm waiting on:


The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell
Publication date: September 6, 2011

Summary:

Twelve princesses suffer from a puzzling—and downright silly—curse. Ridiculous though the curse may be, whoever breaks it will win a handsome reward.

Sharp-witted Reveka, an herbalist’s apprentice, has little use for princesses, with their snooty attitudes and impractical clothing. She does, however, have use for the reward money that could buy her a position as a master herbalist.

But curses don’t like to be broken, and Reveka’s efforts lead her to deeper mysteries. As she struggles to understand the curse, she meets a shadowy stranger (as charming as he is unsettling) and discovers a blighted land in desperate need of healing. Soon the irreverent apprentice is faced with a daunting choice—will she break the curse at the peril of her own soul?

I am interested in reading this because it is a retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses and I love to read fairy tales retold. I also like the added twist that the person likely to rescue these cursed princesses is not a prince but a girl who is studying to be an herbalist. I find herbal medicine to be fascinating so I'm hoping that the book will incorporate that too. It just sounds like a fun book and I love the cover!


What are you waiting on this week?



13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love fairy tale re-tellings and The Twelve Dancing Princesses was one of my favorites! I thought it was so cool seeing the different personalities of the princesses. Good choice this week. I think I will be waiting on this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love fairytales, and retold ones are so intriguing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just starting to really read some of these retellings and this one will be added to my tbr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a sucker for any and all retellings, but have not heard about this one yet. Definitely putting it on my wish list! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, this sounds like a good one! I love retellings! I must add it to my list. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Twelve Dancing Princesses. Thanks for putting this one on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm adding this one to my TBR right now, I'm a big fan of fairy tale re-tellings. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't enjoyed fairy tale retellings lately, but maybe this one will work for me. I will have to add it to my TBR list. Great pick, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, i definitely want to read this! i chose this as my wow a while back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know anything about The Twelve Dancing Prinesses but I like the sound of this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good! Thanks for the suggestion! I love retellings of fairy tales.

    Please check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this one has such an adorable cover! great choice!

    Here’s my WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!