Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (72)





It's Monday What Are You Reading? is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I always enjoy seeing what other people have read and reviewed over the past week. It is also a great way to find new books to add to that ever-growing TBR list!





Books finished:



The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair


The Girl in the Garden was such a beautifully written book. I really identified with Rakhee and liked unraveling the secrets surrounding the garden and her family's past.




The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

The Throne of Fire made me laugh out loud quite often and kept me entertained though it is a long book. Rick Riordan is certainly one of my favorite YA authors now. It is rather funny that if it wasn't for the Percy Jackson movie (which I was disappointed with), I wouldn't have read the books but if I'd watched the movie first, I probably would have skipped the books. Now I love all of his mythology-based books. I am currently trying to get my sister to give either this series or the Percy Jackson series a try. No success yet.

Books reviewed:

Divergent by Veronica Roth


Currently reading:


Forever by Maggie Stiefvater


Ugh. While this is not as disappointing as Breaking Dawn at least that series finale seemed to have better pacing. This is kind of plodding. I kind of don't care anymore what happens to Sam, Grace, and company. Maybe vampires need to move to Mercy Falls and liven things up. I will keep reading because it is for review but it won't be fun. Maybe things will get better if I keep reading... 


Always A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough


I liked Once a Witch when I read it in 2009 but it seems too long ago and I've forgotten what happened. Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of recap. I do own the first book so I may end up having to dig it out for a refresher.


What I might read next:



Eon by Alison Goodman


I loved this when I originally read it and I started rereading it a few months ago but put it aside to get to library and review books. Now I want to pick it up again so I can get to the sequel.




Eona by Alison Goodman


I read a review of this one last week and now I want to read it even more. I've had my copy since April but because I wanted to reread Eon first I have put off reading this. 




Overbite by Meg Cabot


I liked Insatiable though I did have some issues with Mina's romantic relationship. I kind of thought the guy was a jerk. I hope she has learned her lesson this time and look forward to reading about her new adventurous career.




Trial By Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


I was surprised by how much I liked Raised By Wolves so I am excited to give this sequel a try. So far all the reviews I've read are positive. Bryn is a great character and I can't wait to read more about her.




That is what my reading plan looks like for the week.


What have you been reading lately?



11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - so many great books! I loved The Girl in the Garden and The Throne of Fire! And Eon and Eona are FANTASTIC. I can't urge them on you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your thoughts on Forever so far. I enjoyed the read but I have heard other thoughts on it too. I hope it finishes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored The Girl In the Garden. Have a lovely week and happy reading.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to reading The Girl in The Garden.

    Here's mine: http://booksinthesun.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-17-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started Throne of Fire but my son grabbed it from me to read. Since it is technically his copy, I have to wait my turn to finish.

    I can't wait to get these books reviewed. It was one of the best weeks of reading I've had in a long time. Please come see what I read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Forever gets better! I can't wait for my copy to arrive and I don't want to be disappointed! Check out my Monday here
    http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the first Percy Jackson book too. Have still to read the others although I definitely will get round to it at some point. I only read it because of the film too and then never bothered watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The Girl in the Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! as soon as I comment I'm going to read your reviews of "Divergent" and "The girl in the steel corset", I received them a few days ago, hehe.
    I'm a new follower now! :D

    This is My Monday.

    BTW, I'm hosting two giveaways in my blog and they are international, just click HERE and feel free to enter :D

    Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Girl in the Garden looks intriguing...hope you enjoy your reading week!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!