Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (42)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teasers this week:

"Three Hel-Blar came from the top floor and another two from our right. Quinn laughed before throwing himself at them. He actually laughed. 'Is he insane?' I asked, flinging a stake at one of the Hel-Blar on the right."

Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey
p. 75

Description from Goodreads:

Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends—or even more. When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?

10 comments:

  1. Great action packed teaser. I haven't read this one so I will keep my eye out for your review. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by your teaser! I have to check it out!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Therapy by Sedastian Fitzek post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, he must be insane! Nice teaser :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Awesome Teaser! I'm going to have to check this out. Mines here- http://gnbstacks.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading this book. Great pick for a teaser. My teaser is at http://lisaisabookworm.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like there's a lot of action in this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I have this one on my tbr pile - looking forward to it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I've heard good things about this, it's part of a series, right?

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!