Monday, November 15, 2010

Reading Challenges

As November winds down I decided to take stock of how I am doing in my reading challenges. I think I was crazy to sign up for 21 challenges! I have finished 11 of them but I haven't even read a single book for the Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge. I haven't done a good job of reading nonfiction this year either. I don't think I will be getting through David McCullough's John Adams. I think next year I will pick short nonfiction books to read or I'll stick to cookbooks! All the same I am looking forward to signing up for some new challenges next year and even thinking about hosting my own mini challenge.

How are you doing with your reading challenges this year?

4 comments:

  1. I signed-up for too many challenges, too :) I've finished almost half of them, but I have a lot more & I don't think I'll manage to finish all of them, but I'll try :) I'll probably sign-up for a lot of challenges again next year :) I can't help it, I'm reading challenge addict ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! 21 challenges is crazy! Lol! I only signed up for The Story Siren's Debut author challenge - I think I will just stick with that one next year. Good luck with all your challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have finished all but one of my challenges.

    I have to admit that I don't think I will join challenges next year. It was good, but in hindsight I think that I would get more value for coming up with my own personal book projects rather than participating in challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. 21, you crazy girl :-)

    I was new to blogging so only signed up for a few to get a feel for them. I actually just posted also about 1 am not completing. I have a poll on what book I should read this year though, if interested stop by.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!