Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday (20)


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you'd like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

"It's always the same dream. But it's not her plane; it's mine. The downward spiral of the airplane thundering toward the sea like the death-drop roller coaster at the beach boardwalk but worse, because there's no happy ending to the ride-no cotton candy waiting once the scary part is over."


Sea by Heidi Kling

Still haunted by nightmares of her mother's death, fifteen-year-old Sienna Jones reluctantly travels to Indonesia with her father's relief team to help tsunami orphans with their post traumatic stress disorder—something Sienna knows a lot about. Since her mother's plane went missing over the Indian Ocean three years before, Sienna doesn't do anything if it involves the ocean or planes, so this trip is a big step forward. But the last thing she expects is to fall for Deni, a brooding Indonesian boy who lives at the orphanage, and just so happens to be HOT. When Deni hears a rumor that his father may be alive, Sienna doesn't think twice about running away with him to the epicenter of the disaster. Unfortunately, what they find there could break both their hearts.

I've finally started reading this book after checking it out of the library weeks ago and renewing it once. I think it is very good so far.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a compelling read...thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That was amazing! I need to read this.

    Here is my F56 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really interested in this book- I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a great beginning! Love it. I'd so want to keep reading. And I'm glad you're enjoying the book! I've heard it's very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely a beginning that grabs the attention . Sounds good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are enjoying, the opener is ok i suppose - not great, not bad... i like the cover

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds really good. I love the opener! How can you not keep reading after that? Here's my BB.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!